Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

19"X1" Aluminum drip pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19"X1" Aluminum drip pan

Been wanting to purchase a larger diameter drip pan for my Weber Summit Kamado. Found one online, prices vary so shop around if you get one.
    Amazon has them for $27.40 and i found one for $17.99 but had to pay shipping and tax.

American Metalcraft,
    Part # HA4019
    14GA.
    Fits the WSCG nice. Just wanted something with some depth 1" to catch those precious Brisket, Pork Shoulder juices and not end up all over the bottom and sides of the WSCG.

Attached Files

Looks like a perfect fit. Nice find.

Comment

• Smoked Transistors
      Smoked Transistors commented
      Editing a comment
      Had 18" Aluminum pizza pan with little to no depth which was fine but not when smoking 15 -18 pound briskets. The juices dripping down onto the lump over time creates some unwanted smoke. Problem solved now!

I am a big fan of these stainless drip pans from Smokeware. They clean up really well and they are very solid. I have one of all my kamados. I got the first one in 2016 and it is still going strong.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DripPan_WhtBG_400x.jpg.webp Views:	0 Size:	7.6 KB ID:	1388627

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      ooooh, my bad. I did not notice that. I figured they would make one for the XL/XXL BGE or Big Joe II.

• SteveEd
      SteveEd commented
      Editing a comment
      Would the Smokeware 18" be ok for the WSK or is a 19" pan better?

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d go with the stainless pan. They are stronger and they will last forever. They clean up real nice too. SteveEd

Check with a local restaurant supply store. They are treasure troves for stainless and aluminum pans.

Comment

Nice find! I may have to get one. The 18" one I have from the Ceramic Grill Store is OK but I don't like the sloping sides.

Thanks for the tip!

Kathryn

Comment

Any warping issues with aluminum? The cheaper price is nice compared to SS.

Comment

• Smoked Transistors
          Editing a comment
          I've used an thin gauge 18" round aluminum pizza tray for about 1 year running temps between 250-275 degrees with no warping issues. Depth of the 18" pizza tray was my only issue. It cleans up nicely if foil wrapped.

Just got the 19" drip pan you recommended, Smoked Transistors . It fits perfectly in my WSCG. I had been using the 18" one from the Ceramic Grill store that I think you also had, and this is much better because of the rim and because the fit is closer to the walls of the grill. I can hardly wait to do a WSCGC cook and see how it does.

Thank you so much for the recommendation.

Kathryn

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion! I went to the site and found a 20" for around $15 that should work great for my Bronco Pro.

I also noticed they have some good deals on SS worktables. I looked long and hard to find anyone that even carried the size I needed when I was planning my DIY 26" Performer a couple of years ago.
          Last edited by Steve R.; March 30, 2023, 07:54 AM.

Comment

@fzxdoc​ Enjoy your new 19" drip pan. I used it over the weekend when smoking 6 racks of spare ribs, I give it a couple of layers of foil which make clean up a breeze and keeps the Weber Summit Kamado tidy. The pan is solid and i too really like its great fit. Enjoy!

Comment

So fzxdoc and Smoked Transistors - I am curious how far the drip pan ends up being below your cooking grate with this on top of the Summit diffuser and the 1" ceramic spacers?

I don't have the Summit, but am curious as I am doing the same thing on my SNS Kamado with 1/2 inch spacers and the 18" drip pan from the Ceramic grill store, and it puts the drip pan just an inch or so below the cooking grate. Maybe slightly more, but not much. I always wonder if it disrupts the flow of smoke or convection heat over the meat, being so near the cooking grate...

That said I smoked an 11# butt yesterday, running the cook between 275F and 300F, and am very glad all the drippings were in the foil lined pan, and not in the bottom of my kamado...

Comment

jfmorris My set up is probably different from most because i use 2 deflector plates (double indirect) in my WSCG when slow smoking, which allows me to run the temps around 275 to 325 degree which is a tad hotter for cleaner smoke without burning the bottom of the meat. I use the original Weber defector plate, then on top of that I flip upside down a handled 15" Lodge cast iron pizza pan, then center a flat firebrick for spacing the 19 x 1 aluminum drip pan which elevates the drip pan just about 2 inches below the bottom of cooking grill grate. I get great color and i feel the drip pan helps circulates the smoke around the dome and back down and around the meat before flowing out the top vent. Works for me.
                Attached Files

Comment

Do you have the deflector plate with all the holes, and not the double-walled hinged one that came with the earlier WSCGCs, Smoked Transistors ? Is that why you double up on the deflector plate with that Lodge pizza pan? If I had the holey deflector plate, I'd probably do the same. Makes sense.

Thanks again for the drip pan recommendation. It took almost a month to show up, but it's worth the wait.

Kathryn

Comment

• Smoked Transistors
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, i have the flat deflector plate with the holes.

• fzxdoc
                    fzxdoc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, your mod makes sense, then, Smoked Transistors . I really like the original double walled, hinged deflector plate that I have. I've never had to use the hinge since the WSCGC holds temps for sooooo long, but I like its non-holey surface.

K.

• gboss
                    gboss commented
                    Editing a comment
                    the "unholy upgrade", if you will.

Thanks for the tip Smoked Transistors! They had it on sale for $16.31 plus shipping, so I just ordered one.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here