Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SNS Low Pro'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just ordered one and don't even have a WSCG yet LOL!

Comment

• GoDuke
      GoDuke commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent! Now you're committed!

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      It's really nice to use one that fits, but you can certainly use the SnS Deluxe without major issues.

I think you'll be happy with your purchase, and even happier when the WSCG shows up on your doorstep in the future.

Kathryn

Tony asked me on a PM about whether the SnS for the WSCG holds more charcoal than the SnS Deluxe for the 22" kettle. I thought I'd put my answer to him here as well:

FYI:
    I set the SnS Deluxe for my 22" kettle grill next to the SnS for the WSCGC and filled them both to the top with Kingsford Professional charcoal. The SnS for the WSCGC holds about 10% more: 110 briquettes vs 100 briquettes for the SnS Deluxe.

I would say that it's not a noticeable difference with respect to burn time.

Where you will see a difference is that the WSCG is so well insulated that a load in the SnS (whichever one you use) will last much longer through a cook.

Here are side by side photos. The WSCG SnS is on the Right. Note that the WSCG SnS does not have the removable water reservoir that SnS Deluxe models have. Its water reservoir is a bit smaller (noticeably narrower chamber) than the SnS Deluxe. I haven't filled each with water to verify this observation, though.

Hope this helps!

Kathryn

Edited to add: for comparison sake, it takes 144 Kingsford Professional Briquettes to fill the PBC's basket to the top edge.
    Last edited by fzxdoc; December 12, 2021, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      My photos disappeared! I'll re-load them.
      Kathryn

I know that I could continue to do fine without it, but I went ahead & ordered the low profile for my Summit Kamado. I love this kettle so adding another useful accessory was a no brainer & I didn’t want to be left out in case they disappear again.

Comment

Originally posted by kenrobin View Post
      I know that I could continue to do fine without it, but I went ahead & ordered the low profile for my Summit Kamado. I love this kettle so adding another useful accessory was a no brainer & I didn’t want to be left out in case they disappear again.
      Never doubt the motivating force of FOMO! I'm still learning the SnS. Going to reverse sear this sucker tonight! 1.5" dry aged ribeye. What a fun way to learn! 🥩🤣
      Attached Files

Comment

OK…OK…OK... I held off as long as humanly possible, but in the end, succumbed. I blame you all, especially Kathryn. When help was desperately needed to conquer my MCS, it was alas not to be found here. And as a consequence, in a day or two a white FEDEX truck with colorful lettering will drop off a recyclable cardboard box containing within it the fruit of my personal weakness, in all its stainless steel glory. All that can be done now is to love it….as I always do. Can’t wait to play with my new toy!

Comment

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Happy to be able to contribute to your MCS addiction. There's nothing like the right tool for the job, and the LoPro with the WSCG is perfect.

Kathryn

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here