Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diverter changed again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diverter changed again....

Just a friendly FYI for the group, especially if you are planning on getting a WSCG: Apparently, Weber has changed the Diverter Plate again. The new one are being reported as slightly smaller, with NO holes. I guess the R&D people are still trying to get this perfected. So if you got the Original, you got hinged plate. If you got the Kamado version, you got the Holes, and if you got a recent Kamado, you could get the new solid plate.

EDIT: Weber Customer Service was called, and one of the people that got the Solid Plate was told that they were shipped the *wrong* plate, and are now getting one with Holes in it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by The Marshal; May 25, 2021, 02:11 PM.

That one probably works better than the one with holes...and is cheaper to produce.
    Even if it isn’t better, it’s probably cheaper to produce.

FWIW, I have the original hinged type.

Comment

I don’t know what to think on this. I kinda suspect they’ve sold more Kamados than expected and started throwing in the Master-Touch diffuser plates because they are there?

Comment

Weber says the solid plate is for their Master Touch Premium model. Where did you get the above image of the solid plate in a Weber Kamado?

Comment

FOLLOW UP: Several members on the FB WSCG forum just received their S6/E6 grills, and they came with that solid plate diverter.
          One of them contacted Weber Support today, and Customer Service, said "No, that is the wrong one. We are sending you one with the Holes in it."

Comment

• surfdog
            surfdog commented
            Editing a comment
            Doh!

So for those of you with the plate with holes in it (mine is that way as well) do you wrap it in foil during cooks to keep it clean? if so, do you then punch the holes back out of the foil? I've let mine go au naturale, but can see it getting build up on it over time...

Comment

• The Marshal
            The Marshal commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I do this....

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here