Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 5 - Fish & Seafood On The Grill - September 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 5 - Fish & Seafood On The Grill - September 2020

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 3: Zoom Happy Hour
    TOPIC: Seafood on the Grill

Seafood on the grill including tips, techniques, and more featuring hosts Meathead and Clint Cantwell, as well as special guests Brad Orrison and Brooke Orrison Lewis of The Shed BBQ & Blues Joint! They will be joined by the Pitmaster Club's resident seafood expert, Theroc (learn more about him at the end of this post) and Marsh Skeele of Sitka Salmon Shares!

ABOUT BRAD ORRISON
    When he was just 24 years old, Brad Orrison, a self-described "colorful barbecue genius," founded The Shed with his sister, Brooke Lewis. When he's not at The Shed, Brad can be seen in a variety of media outlets and also enjoys competing on his family's competitive barbecue team. He and his wife are parents to four young boys.

ABOUT BROOKE ORRISON LEWIS
    One of the Top 50 Business Women in Mississippi and one of the Top 10 Business Leaders Under 40, Brooke Lewis launched The Shed with her brother, Brad Orrison, as a co-owner when she was 19 years old. She married her husband, Bobby, almost a decade ago, and together they enjoy spending time at the grill and entertaining.

ABOUT SITKA SALMON SHARES & MARSH SKEELE
    Sitka Salmon Shares is a community supported fishery (CSF) that is a members-based organization where you to purchase a "share" of the harvest of one of their independent, small-boat family fishermen. In 2011, Marsh Skeele, a second-generation Alaskan fisherman, helped launch Sitka Salmon Shares, driven by a desire to get his fish into the hands of consumers who share in his appreciation for high quality, sustainably harvested fish. Read more about them and the special offer they are making members for Sept here https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-salmon-shares

ABOUT MEMBER ROC "THEROC" CUTRI
    Born and raised in San Diego, I was very much a water-baby and started fishing and scuba diving with my two older brothers at a young age. We also had many family friends in the tuna fishing industry, so between our catches and the generosity of friends we always have fresh seafood in the house. I'll never forget feasts of fresh abalone and lobster when we would bring home our limit. Of course, my mother would happily prepare the dishes with our help. Fresh fish, turtle (!), shellfish. You name it, we'd cook it and love the results.
    I met flyingpiglet while cooking at the Old Ox. I still maintain that she married me primarily because I could cook. Whatever the reason, it seems to have been working out. We celebrated our 40th anniversary in March, in quarantine.

FUTURE ZOOM HAPPY HOUR DATES

Happy Hour events will be the first Thursday of each month. Mark your calendar!
    • Oct 1, 2020 8:30 PM Eastern: Stick Burners
    • Nov 5, 2020 8:30 PM Eastern: Cold Weather Grilling
    • Dec 3, 2020 8:30 PM Eastern: Gift Giving Ideas for BBQ and Grilling Fans
    • All Happy Hours Will Be Every Other Month Beginning January 2021
    • January 7, 2021: Cold Weather Grilling
    • March 4, 2021: BBQ & Bourbon/Whiskey
    • May 6, 2021: TBA
    Last edited by Meathead; September 5, 2020, 11:56 AM.

Don't forget ladies & gentlemen, in 3 days we'll have our Fish and Seafood on the Grill Happy Hour, featuring Pitmaster Club member theroc along with Brad Orrison and his sister Brooke Orrison-Lewis from The Shed BBQ & Blues Joint in Mississippi. (Oh, and Meathead and Clint).

TONIGHT: Thursday September 3rd at 8:30p.m. ET / 7:30p.m. CT. It'll go about 2 hrs give or take. Check out all the info including the join link above!

Comment

This falls on our 20th wedding anniversary. I can't think of a better bunch of people to spend it with!!

Comment

• coustyj
        coustyj commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy Anniversary my 48th last week
        Jim

• crazytown3
        crazytown3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy 20th!! That's a good one.

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Apparently, I did find better company. See you all next month.

Don't forget it's TONIGHT!

We'll also be joined by Alaskan fisherman Marsh Skeele of Sitka Salmon Shares. More info above, and a discount here.

Click here this evening at 7:30pm ET / 5:30pm PT.

Comment

I am enjoying these virtual meetings. May I suggest a topic for a future session, "Wild Game"

Comment

Bump. Looking forward to it!

Comment

2 minutes everyone!

Comment

Trying to get on zoom nothing
              Last edited by coustyj; September 3, 2020, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                What happens when you click our link?

We're on! Click here: https://tinyurl.com/pitmasterclub

Comment

Are you on zoom I get nothing
                This is all
                "When system dialog prompts, click Open Zoom Meetings."

Still all I get when I click is:
                "When system dialog prompts, click Open Zoom Meetings.

If you have Zoom Client installed, launch meeting. Otherwise, download and run Zoom.

If you cannot download or run the application, join from your browser.

Copyright ©2020 Zoom Video Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.

Privacy & Legal Policies"

Last edited by coustyj; September 3, 2020, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  never seen that. I worry you have some permissions disabled or something on your browser. Can you try installing Zoom, and then trying the link?

• Donw
                  Donw commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got the same thing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG5268.jpg
Views:	934
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	905348

Comment

Have to look through internet totally different from zoom
                  Zoom is better

I had to watch via browser not as good as last weeks zoom - not from info learned but from browser view. I have since downloaded zoom so not to go through that again
                  Good show - need more talking on smoking fish
                  Again thanks to all another good show
                  Last edited by coustyj; September 3, 2020, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I believe this is because our link is set up to be viewed from a browser w/o needing to download Zoom. More people would rather not have to download anything so this could be what the hangup was. I'll look into it.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here