Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaded Halibut Fish Tacos and Bacon Brussel Sprouts with black crack glaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaded Halibut Fish Tacos and Bacon Brussel Sprouts with black crack glaze

I was rooting through the freezer and found some halibut which we both love. I got a baking steel recently and have used it once on the Traeger as a griddle and tried it on the Kamado Joe to make the halibut for tacos

I experimented with a mixture of egg, mayo, oil, and lemon juice as the wet ingredient and breaded with panko and Cavendish seasoning. I want to try this wet dredge again with no griddle and see if it browns the breadcrumbs.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1503.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	559908

Here is a video of the halibut in action:

We planted Brussel sprouts this summer for the first time and SWMBO has never liked them. They went on the lodge shallow griddle pan with some small cubes of bacon and roasted at 425-450 until the bacon was done.

Name:	IMG_1507.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	559909

I read about a dead simple sprout glaze of 2tbsp honey and 2tbsp balsamic vinegar. The mistake the writer mentioned is not waiting until the sprouts are done to add the glaze. I waited and it worked. I am calling it black crack glaze now and it went on everything during dinner.

Name:	IMG_1515.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	559910

Here are a few tortillas with cheese melting. Tacos were served with coleslaw on top but you will have to take my word for it as there were no after photos.

Name:	IMG_1517.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	559911

I hope the remaining brussel sprout plants produce come crowns larger than my fingertip this season!

I love the Brussels, that’s a different approach, may have to try that. How did the fish turn out?

Comment

• allsid
      allsid commented
      Editing a comment
      They were awesome. I have a short video I shared on Insta about the importance of temping the fish. I thought they were done by looking at them but needed about 5 more min. Needle probes rule!

Sounds really good! However, I think it would only be me that would eat it. My husband doesn't care for Brussels Sprouts (and not a huge fan of fish but will eat some)and my kid doesn't like fish or Brussels Sprouts!

Comment

• allsid
      allsid commented
      Editing a comment
      My lady Hates the sprouts but was open to grow them and taste them. I have never cared for them before but the addition of bacon and the glaze is kinda hard to beat-

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here