Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lengua 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lengua 2

Gone dunnit and bought me a soup vide machine! Potkettleblack making pastrami beef tongue for a course Saturday, so super short on time for the brine, so will have to cook it overnight . Any ideas on temp? I like to give it a good cook so the tongue shrinks and makes it easier to peel. Troutman sit up straight and pay attention, recipe director.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ahumadora; April 24, 2019, 06:03 PM.

More pics
    Attached Files

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Post was not showing after I edited it, so reposted this and fixed the problem.

Looks Gre…………..t . A, yeah. I do like your tell Mr. Recipe to well, sit up straight. He's been slacking.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      That cracked me up as well.

Kosher Dosher done made tonguestrami.
    https://kosherdosher4.blogspot.com/2...-pastrami.html
    He went 142x48h, but that was after a 15 day equilibrium brine and a long cold smoke.

I'd use maybe Meathead's corning technique, then go 142x48... maybe you can brine it in the bag?

Comment

Potkettleblack The recipe looks good, but personally i think it is easier to cook it first then skin it. You save an extra step. This recipe needs some fine tuning,, but if we share our results it should come together quickly.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm unlikely to source tongue, especially as wife would blanche. But I'm eager to see your results.

12 hours at 160f /71c Definielty much easier to peel on the previuos ones where I boiled for 2 hours. Into the brine they go. Nothing speacial just all the old spices i had on hand. Using Meatheads corned beef recipe.
      Attached Files

Comment

Yum!

Comment

So I just wonder if that's purge or rendered cow slobber in the bag?

Comment

• hogdog6
            hogdog6 commented
            Editing a comment
            No question it's slobber

First off I am sitting up straight (I ain't no slouch) and I always pay attention to recipes. Unfortunately this falls under the category of a technique, not a recipe. Now if you were to take that tongue and come up with a tongue casserole or a lengua chili, that might be different. Get creative with it and you might get noticed.

Comment

Wngua was excellent along with the sweetbread and marinated apple.
            Attached Files

Comment

Love this

Comment

How did those ribs sneak in there?

Comment

• Ahumadora
                  Ahumadora commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Teaching the bbq class. Start to finish, Full rack of ribs, toss them in the animal recycler and whammo!! Memphis ribs!!

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I never thought I would say this, but that tongue looks really good.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here