Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grass Fed Flank - 129x15ish hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grass Fed Flank - 129x15ish hours

Click image for larger version

Name:	30740978_10214896518876755_3429129127442978693_n.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	485772
    I got a pound of flank from my Moink Box, so I threw it in a quart zip, and tossed it in the sous vide for a period of time that was an afternoon and an overnight. Ice bath, fridge, portion (cut in half), salt with Omnivore Salt, sear in avo oil + butter on medium high, so as not to smoke the house and to heat the interior while building the sear.

Silce with the grain, cut against... it's tender.

It doesn't have to be complicated, folks.

Looks so good. Tender flank steak, with all that beefy flavor is a real winner. Nice job!

Kathryn

Comment

Looks good but not enough crust for me though.

Comment

My go-to for flank is SV. Where's the chimichurri sauce??

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          You could always complicate it by spooning on some chimmichurri, Mike.

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          And I shall Huskee. I figure I have about another 28 hrs to puzzle out a C-sauce.

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          CaptainMike Bonappettit website has a fabulous chimichuri recipe I’ve used and messed with over time. Give it a peek, maybe it will help puzzle out something.

Nicely done!

Comment

Looks delicious!

Comment

Flank is one of my favorites for its big, bold, rich, deep, beefy and delicious succulence. (You didn't say I couldn't provide you with a complicated response !!)

Comment

• Potkettleblack
              Potkettleblack commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s really great with a middle long sous. Develops a tenderness without losing the beefy flavor.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here