Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

something i noticed about sous vide que brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

something i noticed about sous vide que brisket

My wife and other fat-averse relatives typically find the fatty edge of a slice of brisket off-putting. They'll slice it off and lose all the flavor of the seasoning. Sous vide cue brisket does something interesting to that fat - it is still there but it doesn't feel so distinct from the rest of the meat. It's all just one bite with all the moistness and seasoning.

I'll eat that fat either way but I think it's an added benefit. I also find that I like the leftovers much more than a brisket I smoke from start to finish.

BBQ is like chill always better the next day.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Now I need me some chili. Thanks for that 😀👏👏

SV does some interesting things to connective funk and more gentle on the fat. I love how pork chops come out from SV for this reason.

Comment

• hogdog6
      hogdog6 commented
      Editing a comment
      What is your pork chop SV procedure? The two time I’ve done chops they were dry.

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      135 for minimum time as determined by thickness.
      No salt in the bag. Naked. Sear. I don’t really shock pork and I don’t put a hard sear on.

• hogdog6
      hogdog6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx!

will you please tell me how you do your brisket. Temp, time, grade, season and or shock?

Comment

• ptehan
      ptehan commented
      Editing a comment
      I buy a slab of meat and hope that it's a brisket. I crudely chop off a little fat and leave it looking like I drove it home tied to the back of my car. I put salt and pepper on, cook at 155 for 24 hours. Rapidly chill in ice bath filled with too much water and make a mess on the floor.

• ptehan
      ptehan commented
      Editing a comment
      Then I smoke it for a couple hours on the Pit Barrel to warm it up. Then I slice it and no matter how long I wait, no one ever eats it right after I slice it because they have to eat salad for a half hour first while I die inside wanting them to eat it while it's hot and moist.

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      ptehan wow thats how we do it here except no one eats it until it's in enchiladas the next day. other than the 11 year old boy who quick to tell me what's wrong with it. Oh, and the salad part. Oh wait! And the brisket and trimming part. And also with more alcohol.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here