Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck rib SV + ...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck rib SV + ...?

I'm trying some beef chuck ribs I bought today for tomorrow's dinner. Going to follow the Anova recipe for beer-braising, substituting a Young's Double Chocolate Stout for the smoked beer in the recipe: http://recipes.anovaculinary.com/rec...sed-short-ribs

But I'm going to drop the temp a bit to around 158 for 24 hours to get a little more of the less stringy texture, as detailed in the post at ChefSteps: https://www.chefsteps.com/activities...-ribs-your-way.

The next step I'm still undecided on. If it's a nice day and I feel up to firing up the PBC, I'm going to throw them in the freezer to drop temp then smoke them up to 195. But, more likely, I'm going to heat up the Weber with my brand new GrillGrates and try to "quick smoke" them with some wood chips in the grates at a high temp, just to sear the outside. Still undecided but willing to take suggestions.

For the chill, ice them in a bucket before throwing them in the freezer. Less risk of ruining frozen food.

There's a thread going today on short ribs SV. You might want to check it out. Bottom line is they're going to be good, and it's mainly a matter of how you like them!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here