Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamb and sous vide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamb and sous vide

I've been experimenting with lamb and sous vide recently. Last week I SV some American choice lamb loin chops in sheep's dip at 131 for 2 hrs. Instead of marinating them as the recipe calls for I just threw them in the bag and cooked them in it. Then I poured a little oil in the pan and some of the marinade from the bag and seared them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161124_150114.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	417.3 KB
ID:	243332

They were pretty good but I prefer them on the grill. They were perfectly cooked just didn't have that grill flavor.

Last night I did a boneless new Zealand leg of lamb in the dollys wet rub. I trimmed it pretty good, tied it up, and cooked it in the bag at 131 for 24 hrs. Then I seared it with the SnS. It turned out awesome. I fed it to 10 people and it was a real crowd pleaser. My 3 year old even liked it!

Name:	20161124_145850.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	366.4 KB
ID:	243335

Name:	20161124_145933.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	243334

Name:	20161124_145950.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	243333

Name:	20161124_150015.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	318.9 KB
ID:	243336

Beautiful!

Comment

I have a leg of lamb in the freezer, you've inspired me to sous vide mine with the dolly rub. Looks great

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here