Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket scraps seared then SV'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket scraps seared then SV'd

Leftovers from my pastrami cuts.

Little point little flat. The really thin stuff that would jerkify during the long smoke.

Trimmed the fat down plenty, dry brined, BBBR 2.0, on the grill aka BBQ, in the bag.

I figure about 24-25 hours at 133 should do it. They are pretty thin.
    Attached Files

Nice! I still haven't tackled my first brisket yet - it's waiting in the refrigerator. We've had a lot of rain the past couple of weeks, but maybe this weekend...

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      So tired of the rain around here. Hopefully I can build my little brick dam on my patio to stop it from flooding. I think we are in the clear until next week.

Lesson learned on this stuff. No matter how thin, if you not going to smoke, better just go 48 hours 133 degree sous vide for brisket.

One piece was internally waaaaay too fatty, really thick bands. Top pic all the way to the right, next pic all the way at the top on the pit. It got tossed.

Next piece was perfect ate it for lunch. Second pic it is second from the top, in the plate pic it is top left.

The other two pieces, bottom two in the second pic, were not close to tender. I let them go 10 hours in the oven at 175 wrapped in foil. Just got them out, perfect.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here