Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Advice Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide Advice Please

Would be grateful for advice although have checked around web without much direction. Am putting the Sous Vide treatment on two chuckies, approx 3.25 lbs each and this morn noticed a few particles in water which can only mean a very slow leak from one or both bags. Tried my best to re-seal but not sure if there need be any add'l advice. Have had bath running a little warmer than normal at 136 for about 12 hrs so far; ran it a little higher as my thermapen showed my bath about 1.5 degrees lower than my SV stick readings and wanted to be sure I was well-clear of the 131 mark. Was planning to smoke these both after bath. Thanks and appreciation to all. PS: Mr. MH, we are now added to your long list of book buyers!

You should be fine. I'm sure you've tried to reseal the bags to stop the water seeping in.

Your meat will get its flavor and pretty surface from the rub you use and the searing process after you've SV'ed it.

You might want to buy a vacuum packing machine. It's more comforting knowing there will no leak.

Comment

Thank you, Breadhead. Much obliged.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here