Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made something a little different...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made something a little different...

Family out of town this past weekend and therefore all by myself. So I got to make something that they don't really like, but I LOVE!!

Matzo Ball Soup. Roasted the chicken skin to get my schmaltz and made some good size matzo balls. Served with a pastrami sandwich. Delicious...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TripleB; September 4, 2019, 10:21 AM.

Well done! B'tayavon.

Comment

Sweet, finally something to attach to the Seinfeld, "Big Matzah Ball." "Huge Matzah Ball"

Comment

When the family's away it is time to play. Glad you got to make something you love

Comment

Those skins are making me all verklempt.

Comment

Oy vey, where's mine Bubby?

Comment

Oh man that looks good. Mrs and I used to get matzo ball soup at Carnegie Deli, it was one of the best things I’ve ever had. Carnegie is gone now, RIP.

Comment

• Murdy
                Murdy commented
                Editing a comment
                I made one pilgrimage to the Carnegie a while back (my wife is from out east): Matzo Ball soup and a Pastrami, Chopped Liver, Swiss, & Raw Onion on Rye, with a little Dusseldorf Mustard. Probably one of the best meals I've had in my life.

I can't like this post enough!

Comment

pastrami Reuben. The world's most perfect sandwich. Edges out the pressed Cuban.

Comment

Well played, my friend!

Comment

Beautiful! Noodles, however, do not belong in a matzo ball soup. This issue was settled in the 1970's during the Kaplan Family Riot in Los Angeles, November 1973.

Comment

• Mosca
                      Mosca commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That’s what the big matzo ball is for.

• TripleB
                      TripleB commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oy Veh, my little mashugana… Matzo Ball soup without noodles is like Gefilte fish without horseradish. Brings a tear to my eye.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here