Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing Texas Chili Con Carne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Texas Chili Con Carne

Maybe it's me but the Texas Chili Con Carne recipe is not listed under the Tested Recipes under Beef and Bison on the free site.

Searching for it however takes you to the recipe and the url shows it under, you guessed it, the Beef and Bison section. 🙂

Anywho I thought you might like to know raywjohnson

Its in a secret file for Texans only.

Comment

• dsohmer
      dsohmer commented
      Editing a comment
      Sssshhhhhhh

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      oops!

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought the chili con carne recipe was a part of their DNA code.

Might not be exactly like my favorite TexMex place, but since I am no longer live nearby it works for me...

Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in flour and continue stirring for 3-4 minutes, or until it makes a light brown roux. Add remaining dry ingredients and continue to cook for 1 minute, constantly stirring and blending ingredients.
    Add chicken broth, mixing and stirring until the sauce thickens.
    Turn heat to low and let sauce simmer for 15 minutes. May add water, or chicken broth, to adjust thickness, if necessary.

¼ c vegetable oil
    ¼ c all-purpose flour
    ½ tsp ground black pepper
    1 tsp sea salt
    2 tsp powdered garlic
    2 ½ tsp ground cumin
    ½ tsp dried oregano
    2 tbsp chili powder
    2 c low-sodium chicken broth

Comment

• jgreen
      jgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds great. Want do you use that sauce for?

• Buck Flicks
      Buck Flicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm... sounds like the enchilada "chili sauce" that I like... not quite chili con carne, but I just like the chili spices in a sauce on my enchiladas. Thanks! I'm going to save this.

For a time, my family used to do a "southwest" themed Thanksgiving dinner. We'd have famous Perini Ranch green chile hominy casserole, a poblano stuffed with mashed sweet potatoes, cornbread dressing, and the turkey gravy was similar to this sauce methinks.

• tstalafuse
      tstalafuse commented
      Editing a comment
      It is the Chili con Carne gravy for TexMex. You just your choice of beef to it and you are good to go for the Carne.. If you are just wanting Chili, this is the best I have ever tasted.. http://www.panix.com/~clay/cookbook/...hili+recipe124

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here