Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stew is underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stew is underway

Click image for larger version

Name:	55BD35CA-C48F-4580-AF66-F6299FB59DC0.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	619679Click image for larger version

Name:	A20EBC90-E602-4875-BAB3-671C708E8A98.jpeg
Views:	148
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	619678
    Got chuck steak, onion, celery root, mushroom, carrot, and celery. About to brown the meat then into the pot with beef broth and tomato paste. Noms on the way. This will be an instant pot cook because its fast and usually comes out great.

i will then thicken if needed with psyllium husk as discussed in another thread.

Nice! Looking forward to your results. Particularly with the PH.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	4CE02CAB-F357-4FC0-8B39-2093E6BFD4CC.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.58 MB ID:	619698 And it begins

Comment

Yum!!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	8810E772-71B3-4CA2-8A22-E707995031DC.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.44 MB ID:	619821 Delicious! The meat was fork tender but not completely falling apart. I dont use the meat/stew setting on the instant pot because i think it way over does stuff. So i usually do 25 mins high pressure and natural release.

as for the psyllium husk...man a little goes a long way! It thickened the stew nicely but i think i added a little too much as it started to take on an almost gelatenous consistency. So next time i will be much less agressive with that.

overall though, a definite success.

Comment

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            Btw, i cooked the stew, took all the meat/veg out and whisked in the psyllium husk then added everything back in.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Great lookin stew, perfect fer a winter night...

Thanks fer th tutorial; I haven't put my IP to work, yet, but I'm always out there, learnin tips tricks techniques fer doin so...it will make my first cooks better.

Fine Job, Brother!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here