T-bone ,I ain't rightly sure...
Love yer proper use of 'anglish', though; apostrophes an' all!
Hail, you n' I, we could prob'ly carry on a conversation; cain't find that very often.
'Tis a rare prize, indeed, y' are, Shipmate!
Last edited by Mr. Bones; February 18, 2017, 11:08 AM.
If yer at/about th' right temp, yer gonna wanna/haveta keep th' veggies movin' some, so's they don't scorch.
Lower is better. We're not performin' a cremation, here...
Adjust temp, as needed. Let's do this right.
This is th' most critical portion o' th' cook.
Think: "Here, There Be Flavour", on th' map.
Head that way, an' don' deviate yer compass settin'.
Zero ° deviation is what we're talkin', here, although, between you, me, an' th' fence; there's a lil' bit o' 'wiggle room'. Don't try t' exploit it.
Last edited by Mr. Bones; February 18, 2017, 07:12 PM.
Way I normally do it, veg's are crisp, not totally caramelized. That's prob'ly 'cuz I 'normally' cook chili 2-3 days/nights. If'n ya wants chili in realtime, (today), cook th' veggies t' softer, at this point. Make th' onion clear-ish.
For normal, everyday purposes, (Real Chili), we don't wanna overcook th' veggies.
Don't sweat th' texture too over much; we're gonna add more of each, later...
Last edited by Mr. Bones; February 18, 2017, 08:13 PM.
Perfect-a-mundo!!! Right about here...
Add yer cow parts at this time. I use ground chuck, most often. Smoked ground chuck is even better. Leftover (Marinaded, seasoned, smoked) KC strips often feature, here at my house.)Brisket, chuckie; all good!
Once th' meat has cooked a bit, (bout half done), add ya' some maters. Canned diced is jus' fine, especially this time o' year. Don't use them pale-ish, rock-hard, tasteless things they sell in th' winter. Gack! Phooey! Acckk!!!
Now, don't drain, or rinse anything here...utilize th' goodness, an' reduce it by simmerin'. Sheesh! City Folk, an' their traditions/superstitions.
Last edited by Mr. Bones; February 18, 2017, 06:09 PM.
Canned maters are almost always better than "fresh" store bought--summer or winter. Our Safeway does carry fresh "heirlooms" (many varieties) that are A-OK-plus, but pricey. Fine for a BLT, but too much $$$ for chili.
I mostly agree on the tomatoes. Don't buy them in a grocery store. Farmers markets are great in season. But I wouldn't bother for chili, canned works great. Especially when you can them yourself.
I am following this quite closely as you are doing such a excellent job of going through the detailed steps.
You have me on pins and needles waiting for your next post. It is kind of like watching a show on TV and then at the end they say, to be continued.
Okay, now it has simmered some, I tend t' do it cracked lid, but it's yer call... Add yer seasonin's. Please note th' meat is always cooked with lotsaSPG. I failed t' mention that above...
Simmer it (slowly, gently) t' desired consistency.
If y'all want a receipt, which would git ya' in th' actual seasoning zone fer what I am doin' here, lemme know. I'll be glad t' share...
This ain't th' way I normal make chili, it's an attempt at a regional dish, after much research, and practice. Lotsa test runs....or, please, feel free t' do it th' hard way.
Hail, who knows? Ya' might like it! I do!
Keep On Smokin'!!!
Last edited by Mr. Bones; February 18, 2017, 07:56 PM.
Comment