Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork rib chine meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork rib chine meat

I am making five racks of spare ribs and i am going to end up with chine meat and other trimmings any one use this as chili meat ? If so ... method??

I never used it for chili meat, but it is just what you need for the pork in posole.

Comment

I agree that pork should be made into a pozole. I tasted red pozole for the first time this year and from the first bite I figured out where true Texas-style chili comes from. No tomatoes in sight. I suggest you search for a recipe for red pozole. I usually just add salt and pepper to the pork trimmings and use them for smoked pork with collard greens and in bean dishes.

Comment

I use it in my Sunday Gravy ( Italian slow cooked red meat sauce)

Comment

I have trimmed as much fat off as possible and used the meat for stir-fry, but never for chili. The chili idea sounds good though.

Comment

My wife cooks lentil stew sometimes and we have added some pork scraps from rib trimmings. It was an excellent addition to the lentil stew.

Comment

Last night I cooked a pot of black eye peas and for the meat I added some smoked scraps (the trimmings of a full rack of spareribs to get it to a St Louis cut) along with a couple priced off the small bone end of the ribs. I had a bowl for breakfast today. Mmmmmmmmm!

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                Breakfast of Champions!

One of the best recipes we love is to cut the chine meat into small chunk's, put in a crock pot, cover with sourkraut (Franks canned), sprinkle some brown sugar on top and cook 6-8 hours. If you like kraut and pork this is simple and delicious. You can vary the amt. of kraut or meat and still not screw it up. We love it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here