Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delicious Store Bought Queso I Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delicious Store Bought Queso I Found

While shopping at an HEB grocery store recently, I found something that caught my eye. It’s called Culinary Cowgirls Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Dip. And it is good! You can put this stuff on just about anything. Burgers, scrambled eggs, dip for chips, baked potatoes or whatever. The creators of this recipe took 2nd place in one of HEB’s annual "Quest For Texas’ Best" contests. HEB annually holds contest like this for people to submit their favorite homemade creations, with different categories. The winners get their products sold in all the HEB stores statewide! This particular "Queso" has become such a best seller they have expanded it to other grocery store chains as well. I was wondering if any of our other Texas members have tried this. Even if you’re outside Texas, it’s possibly sold in other chains besides HEB. Here’s an article.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; January 22, 2021, 06:52 PM.

Dude. Do you see? How many hours after you posted and I'm the only "view"?

We like cheeses. We like Cowgirls. We really want to see. Cowgirls coated in cheeses.
    Last edited by HawkerXP; January 23, 2021, 07:34 AM. Reason: i can't spell

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      AND bacon!

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude, I only posted it 50 minutes before you replied. And it’s prime eating time. Ain’t nobody got time to read my crap......yet. Wait a while. And it’s .....cheeses. Larn to spel.

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry but I 'm stuck on cheese coated Cowgirls.

My daughters on her way, she lives on Queso.
    Problem is its the mass produced Tostito's processed cheese artery plugger.
    Like the fact this is made real dairy cheese.
    Cool product.

Comment

If HEB carries it, it's probably good
      ​​​​​
      ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by smokin fool View Post
        My daughters on her way, she lives on Queso.
        Problem is its the mass produced Tostito's processed cheese artery plugger.
        Like the fact this is made real dairy cheese.
        Cool product.
        There's a huge misconception out there that Tostito's dip (and similar) isn't made with real cheese. I'm not saying it's particularly healthy for you, but it's certainly made with real cheese.

You'll notice one key ingredient, Sodium Phosphate, in both dips. This is used as an emulsifier to keep the cheese smooth. As is sodium hexametaphosphate, which is in the Tostito's dip.

These types chemicals are also what make American Cheese (and many other "smooth melting" slices) possible, which is also a real cheese (or at least resembles one).

Culinary Cowgirls Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Dip

American Cheese (Cultured Pasteurized Milk and Skim Milk, Water, Cream, Milkfat, Salt, Contains Less than 2% Sodium Phosphate, Annatto (Color), Enzymes), Sour Cream, Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Milk and Cream, Whey Protein Concentrate, Salt, Carob Bean Gum, Xanthan Gum, Cheese Culture), Roasted Jalapeno Pepper, Bacon, Parmesan Cheese, Spices, Cultured Skim Milk.

Tostitos Queso dip

Water, Monterey Jack Cheese (Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Sunflower Oil And/Or Canola Oil, Modified Corn Starch, Sugar, Salt, Natural Flavor, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Buttermilk, Monosodium Glutamate, Cheddar Cheese (Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes, Sodium Phosphate), Whey Protein, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Datem, Sodium Phosphate, And Artificial Color (Yellow 6, Yellow 5). Contains Milk Ingredients.
        Last edited by cscheib; January 23, 2021, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          @cschieb Thank you for the clarification.
          I was under the impression that Tostitos was processed cheese.
          My apologies to Tostitos.
          But I do maintain its just not good for you.
          Take care.

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          smokin fool (I hope he doesn’t do this often, I’ll be too scared to eat)

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here