Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sourdough Rye Crackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sourdough Rye Crackers

I just can't throw away the discard, took 250g of it today, added some thyme, kosher salt, etc... and made some Sourdough Rye crackers

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_101529.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	760210
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; October 23, 2019, 04:04 PM.

You just never stop do you?

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      HA, I try not to!

Cool. I haven't done this yet. Just fed one of my cultures and tossed the discard before seeing this post. The discard is also good for pancakes, English muffins, and other stuff that only needs the flavor, not necessarily the levain action, of the sourdough culture.

Comment

Cool! I just don’t like rye. Looks good though! You are turning into a breadhead! <<old members laughing>>

RonB ​​​​@mbmorgan

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        I just can't seem to be able to afford to smoke a brisket every day, or a 2 1/2 in porterhouse. Have to keep my mind and hands busy. I much more prefer smoking. This is fun stuff to learn though.

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        scottranda I feel I have heard that name and referred to it in the last week by some one else, was told it was a good thing. I ceratinly enjoy baking so far, but, over all, I am learning to like all cooking, and how to combine all apsects into a meal.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here