Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokin' Cheez-It's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokin' Cheez-It's

It's Snack Sunday here in Nashville, so I'm smoking some Cheez-It's!

'
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cheezits.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	510430

Interesting. How did they turn out? How long and what temp?

Comment

• alanwest
      alanwest commented
      Editing a comment
      They came out incredible, 180 degrees for 90 minutes and then cool for a minute or two and then right into a ziplock to keep the smokiness in.

I love love love love love Cheez Its. I too am interested to hear how you liked them.

Comment

• alanwest
      alanwest commented
      Editing a comment
      We did plain and with dry ranch dressing. I loved the plain ones but my oldest daughter is a fan of the ranch version.

That does sound great.

Comment

Not sure how his were, but there's a local brewery around here that has smoked cheez its as their bar food. I think they use alder. Really really good!

Comment

• alanwest
        alanwest commented
        Editing a comment
        I used Hickory for mine and everyone can't get enough of them.

• JakeT
        JakeT commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! I’m definitely going to have to try this one of these days. Maybe for our family reunion be good cocktail hour snack!

sometimes throw some goldfish into our "trash" mix that gets made around the holidays. they are pretty good, but i bet those are better. should dry to smoke some of the hot and spicy ones!

Comment

I wouldn’t of thunk that in 3 years, amazing!

Comment

Cheez-It with plenty salt on at least one side- GREAT!

Cheez-It with no salt on either side- FALSE ADVERTISEMENT ON DA BOX!

I got pork chops wrapped in bacon on the pellee.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Smoke on, Jerod! Lookin forward to yer results!

WHA?! My kids are going to pass out from the anticipation.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            My lips are sealed.

• snowswamp
            snowswamp commented
            Editing a comment
            At least they’ll be quiet. 😬😀

• alanwest
            alanwest commented
            Editing a comment
            Hope they enjoy them as much as my brood are!

Great how ya tied it all together, amigo! Sheer Brilliance!
          Historically, I smoked a spell, then went a lookin fer th Cheez Its, Doritos, etc.

Ah'm a haveta try this here! (Along with smoked Chex Mix! )

Comment

• alanwest
            alanwest commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks so much!

Time, temp, results???

Comment

• alanwest
            alanwest commented
            Editing a comment
            180 degrees for 90 minutes and then cool for a minute or two and then right into a ziplock to keep the smokiness in and everyone LOVES them!

Man... not sure how I missed this. But rest assured, this WILL happen next cook.

I like the "extra well done" cheez-it variety that was available a couple years ago. Not sure if it's still a thing... but I imagine this is kind of the same, but way better.

Comment

I haven't tried it, but I heard about making homemade cheez-its on my local NPR station. I just looked it up, and the recipe they link to is from Serious Eats: https://www.seriouseats.com/2016/09/...cheez-its.html

Comment

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              I just printed the recipe. It's an easy recipe. They might do well on the Weber with a little hickory.

• alanwest
              alanwest commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for sharing this! I remember listening to the story on NPR when driving home from work.

Wait a minute here!!!

Cool. Ranch. Doritos.

Yes. Yes. I’m feeling it. Yes. It’s the weekend. So I have time. And yes!

Comment

• snowswamp
              snowswamp commented
              Editing a comment
              Ka-POW!!! (mind blown)

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here