Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cold Smoked Cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Smoked Cheese

Local Brookshires has large blocks of cheese on sale for buy one get one. Picked up 6 to smoke (will get more tomorrow, I like to stock up when smoking it). I need a small bag of some sort of fruit wood pellets to use in my amazin tube and amazin maze to cold smoke them. In the past i used a coffee can 3 charcoal briquettes and some wood. All I can find are HUGE bags of the stuff. anyone know where I can get small bags of fruit wood pellets as I don't use a pellet pooper, and this is my only application that uses them? Thanks.

I've seen small bags where Amazin Tubes are sold. Fleet Farm Stores.?.?

Comment

Yes. I bought 3 pounds of fruitwood mix pellets on amazon. They are being sold as pellet samples.

Comment

If ya need something fast try Home Depot or Lowe’s. Saw them at my local store yesterday on sale in the bbq isle

Comment

Do you have Runnings? Or Try to find a Green Mountain Dealer, do a search on their site https://greenmountaingrills.com/ with zip code. I think they have 3 lbs fruit blend.

Comment

Thanks guys, about to head to Lowe's, and the to a local GMG dealer I didn't even know existed!

Comment

no luck at Lowe's, or Home Depot. No pellets at all.

Comment

neither GMG dealers had any either. what the heck is going on. gonna have to hit up the old interweb stores... Hate to do that, like to keep my money local.

Comment

Where exactly you at tweeter? You have an HEB OR Academy nearby?

Comment

Whitehouse TX, just outside Tyler. There is an Academy, but no HEB. We have Brookshires instead.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here