Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Eggs and Crackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Eggs and Crackers

I recently did an interview with Greg Rempe and during it we discussed Smoked Eggs. I will post the recipe that works for me. While looking it up I also found my recipe for Smoked Crackers. I will post both, hope you enjoy!

Smoked Eggs--
    Boil on stove top
    Peel and refrigerate until cold
    Cold Smoke with Amaz-N-Tube for 1 to 1 1/2 hours (Don't over do it the first time or they might be bitter)
    Great with egg salad--I need to try them with deviled eggs.

Smoked Crackers--
    I use Reg Ritz Wheat (not the lo-fat version)
    Smoke on 180* Pellet Grill for 20 Minutes
    I tried cold smoking crackers and IMO they weren't as good as with a little heat

Hope you enjoy--Good to have on hand for the Holidays!

chipotle smoked egg salad sandwiches are FANTASTIC. I like to let the eggs rest overnight covered in the fridge to mellow them before making chipotle deviled eggs (skip the relish, and a little finely diced red onion to the yolk mixture). I top them with smoked paprika.

Comment

Hmm, this sounds really good and since I listened to your interview this morning Skip, I’ve had them on my mind all day!

Comment

Gonna give it a go! Thanks for posting!

Comment

With Deviled eggs, these would be amazing.

Comment

Thanks Skip

Comment

Smoked eggs are on my shortlist of things to cold smoke. I need to do another batch of cheese as well.

Comment

Smoke the eggs intact? Or cut in half to let the yolk get some smoke?

Comment

• Skip
                  Skip commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just have smoked them whole, but maybe need to try them cut in half sometime?

• Buck Flicks
                  Buck Flicks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Smolk?

I haven't cold smoked them, but I have hot smoked eggs. Start with a raw egg, 2 hours at 200. They turn into hard boiled eggs, and the smoke does penetrate the shell. I will give this a try though.

Comment

• texastweeter
                  texastweeter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  or 325 for 1 hour.

Interesting JCGrill . Now I have another way to try smoked eggs. Thanks.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here