Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am out of what????? Sugar???how in tar nation did that happen???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am out of what????? Sugar???how in tar nation did that happen???

Since I'm on vacation I have been cooking every day this past 6 days. So why stop now. Now I made some cowboy candy the other day (Monday, 3 batches). Decided to do some more for this weekend party I'm cooking for. Well decided 3 more batches. Went to the cabinet and now I don't have enough white sugar. Now I have 3 lbs of jalapeño s sitting sliced, along with the water and vinager in a pan waiting to boil. Don't wanna go to the store.
    Now thee better half is always on me cause I always ,as she says "hoard" my spices. I say it's not hoarding, it's just being prepared. Ya never know when ya might have a neighbor that wants a brisket cooked. So I went thru the upstairs pantry, no sugar. Dang. To my "hoarding hole"in the basement. Dang she cleaned it out. Or did I use it all and not replace? Oh well.
    Back to the top pantry. I did find a bag of sugar in the raw turbinado cane sugar. It will save me from going to the store.
    So long story longer, can you use sugar in the raw in place of white sugar? If so, would it be the same ratio?
    i will be going to the store tomorrow to "hoard" more stuff supplies and will most def set up a motion detector in the basement to catch my better half taking my stash of hoarded goodies

Yes, and it will be fine. Use the same weight and you won't be able to tell the difference.

Comment

Oh, I know the feeling and the logic all too well. Do you have brown sugar?

Comment

Yes I have brown both light and dark but I got the job done before she got home so all is good. I just wonder how brown sugar would tastes in the mix
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0349.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	372386

Comment

I'm glad you figured it out. I use the app "Out of MIlk" for a grocery list. Since my phone is almost always in my pocket, it's easy to add something when I notice it's low.

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            I finally convinced my wife two years ago, to get and use an Iphone because I could no longer go to the store with 100 post-its on a lined sheet of paper. She uses AnyList and my life is so much more simple!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here