Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cold smoking pecans/Almonds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold smoking pecans/Almonds

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	635
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	217015 Click image for larger version

Views:	639
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	217016 So I was gonna cold smoke my normal fare of cashews, macadamias, and pecans. At the store today they were out of raw cashews and apparently MonaLoa sp? Had a recall on macadamias for salmonella. Glad I finished the last batch in the oven for 45 mins👍.
    Today its gonna be pecans and Almonds using my cold smoker pellet tray and offset smoker grill. I used my normal adds except halfed the ginger, halfed the allspice...and added coconut. Ill smoke 'em about 4 or 5 hours and finish in the oven at 300 for about 30 mins. Cant wait.....

Click image for larger version

Views:	637
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	217117 Ok....heres the final. Daaaaaannng. Good stuff. Probably be gone tomorrow in my house with all the kids who seem to love em.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

What are your ingredients proportions?

Comment

Bob Hawkinson - those nuts look really great, please share Your "normal adds" with us.

Comment

I've been cold smoking a lot of almonds lately - to be used for Xmas gifts. I spray them with Worcestshire sauce and smoke them for 2-2.5 hours. Then melt a little butter, add some honey and brown sugar and whatever rub or ingredients (and a little salt if the other ingredients don't already have it). Coat them and throw them in the oven at 250 for about 45 minutes. Delicious!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here