Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Girl Hey Salmon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lived in Seattle for a couple of years and became absolutely spoiled on wild salmon. Farm raised is terrible by comparison. I will only buy Wild Caught now. It was so cheap out there in the early 90's. We would get it on special for $3.99 lb. Back East it goes for $30 lb. so I rarely get it anymore.

Comment

I just like fresh fish period, but always try to buy wild caught if I can. I am also a fan of Hey Grill Hey.

Comment

• zzdocxx
        zzdocxx commented
        Editing a comment
        Wait a sec, it is Hey Grill and not Hey Girl ?

OK I give up.

Originally posted by Cheef View Post
      We are not particularly big seafood eaters here at my house, and decided to go out on a limb and give Salmon a go for Supper last night.
      Wife found "Fresh" Sockeye Salmon locally and we gave it a go. I have to admit I never gave much thought to Sockeye vs Atlantic Salmon, and around here we normally see Atlantic Salmon. To me the difference was unbelievable!
      That Sockeye was some of the best salmon I have ever eaten!
      We used Hey Girl Hey salmon recipe, along with her rub recipe which turned out EXCELLENT on that fish.
      A touch of sweet, just a touch of salty, and the lime zest just kind of brought it all together. Most excellent and we will be using it again!
      Followed her instructions to the letter, and even the timing was perfect.
      My Salmon Seasoning is a legendary and delicious blend of sweet and savory with a smoky kick to perfectly complement salmon's light flavor.

A question from a flatlander. Does anyone else notice that big a difference between Sockeye and Atlantic Salmon? To me it was unbelievable how much better it was.
      I just have to ask, how did they come up with the name Hey Girl Hey Salmon ?

It sounds like they are talking to a fish and a girl at the same time ? ? ?

Comment

• Cheef
        Cheef commented
        Editing a comment
        It is the name of His/Her website. I'm not sure if it is a woman or a man that runs it.
        The Hey Girl Hey is kind of misleading (to me anyway) Gril and Girl kind of seem to intermingle in my mind.

• zzdocxx
        zzdocxx commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess it is thought to be a "catchy" name.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here