Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Authentic Texas Clam Chowder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no words

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      That’ll teach you to put pineapple in your chili!
      Last edited by Panhead John; September 9, 2020, 06:59 AM.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      you have to forgive him, he's from Canada

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought he was from Hawaii.
      Last edited by Panhead John; September 9, 2020, 12:02 PM.

Can I add green beans?

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Green beans are a perfectly suitable substitute for kidney beans. Only fresh! Canned green beans are a no no!

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok...Still smiling...How could canned green beans be a no no but canned clams or fake lobster be ok?? I am thoroughly enjoying this thread.
      Last edited by troymeister; September 9, 2020, 02:52 PM.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I was trying to pacify Huskee 😄 The banter between me and him went off course, referring to another post from a few days ago. Disregard
      that and everything else will make sense troymeister
      Last edited by Panhead John; September 9, 2020, 03:15 PM.

Panhead John Can I serve this with pancakes?

Comment

• Oak Smoke
      Oak Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John You don’t think you need therapy?

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      sir, if anyone needs therapy its me.

• Oak Smoke
      Oak Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John Let me share the oak smoke way to get therapy with you. There was a time when I too thought I might need a bit of therapy. I couldn’t afford one so I did the next best thing, I dated one. Did you know those people expect you to do every thing they tell you to? Me either!

This New England Swamp Yankee just threw up all over the place...

Comment

Thanks! And your recipe beats Manhattan clam chowder any day of the week!

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel honored! Thx.

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        My thoughts exactly!

Laughing so hard!....................now I want some clam chowder!

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        My next post will be...Boston Baked Beans-Texas Style

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        You sir, are relentless!

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John And after thinking about it Texas style has to be an improvement. I do not like Boston Baked Beans, to sweet for me.

I sent the OP out to a few of friends who know what good food is suppose to taste like. Most replied with a "Let me know how that turns out.
      One of my Daughters replied with, "That sounds so good. I'm really hungry" . The only thing I can figure is I caught her after smoking some of that funny stuff, maybe a bit tooo much. She does live in Santa Cruz. Lots of refugees from the 60's moved there.
      I think I need to write her out of the will!

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        I would if I was you Dad!
        Last edited by Panhead John; September 9, 2020, 11:54 AM.

And I thought they were eating beans!

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        That was actually the inspiration for the infamous campfire scene.

I am smiling right now.

From what I can tell, it's the canned clams that make it authentic... I saw another recipe somewhere that mentioned something about Armadillos. But I won't go there.

Comment

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        Deep fried is fine but try spitting down the middle to butterfly it, cover with salt, black pepper, garlic, and red pepper, and smoke over post oak and mesquite for 20 hours. Pull the meat like pulled pork, serve on celery sticks and dip in Greek yogurt.

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        Here is how I cook possum: take one possum, clean and skin it. Place on a large cedar plank, season however you wish. Smoke over hackberry and Bois d' Arc overnight. Remove from pit, throw away the possum, and eat the cedar plank.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        What!!! No Pineapple? You heathen!

I don't see how you can possibly claim this recipe is authentic. It doesn't even have the aged fish heads in it, not to mention the kale and coconut milk.

I swear, some peoples' kids...

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey! You need to re-read my recipe. I definitely said I prefer coconut milk!
        And everyone knows kale is better suited for chili!
        Last edited by Panhead John; September 9, 2020, 07:19 PM.

• mnavarre
        mnavarre commented
        Editing a comment
        Good lord, what kind of monster puts kale in chilli?

Seen on the bathroom wall at a truckstop in Duluth: "For a good clam chowder contact https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/me...9-panhead-john "

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        I figured it would spread like crazy. People have been "clamoring" for my Texas Style Clam Chowder. I got 4 emails just today from Massachusetts.
        Last edited by Panhead John; September 9, 2020, 09:24 PM.

PJ, if you humble yerself & put Meatheads name as the author, this recipe will have more cred. It is really high on DuckDuckGo whatchmacallits list.

Comment

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        I can’t really explain why I know, maybe it is just a rare glimpse into the future from on high, but somehow I know deep in my bones that if he did associate Meathead’s name with this recipe pretty soon old John would be sleeping with the clams.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Fireman, I believe Meathead would be proud to call this his own….😂

And Don, yep, I kinda like it here…so I’m not. 🥸

I’d just like to say, I’m from the bbq capital of the world, La Crosse Wi! This recipe seems off. This surprises me, I thought texas was the 4,000,000th capital of the world, in clam chowder.

Comment

• mnavarre
        mnavarre commented
        Editing a comment
        Most people just don't know. It's the unique flavor you get from fermenting the fish heads and kale in the lutefisk pens. It really gives it that terror that they talk about in the wine magazines.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        😂😂😂

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn man, this post was when I was a rookie.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here