Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wild caught salmon on my Weber Kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been cookin salmon on a grill for about 45 yrs. ya done it right & good. You will never go back. Delish!

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheaper to use farmed salmon then slap them a few times before killin em to make em angry and you now have wild salmon

Re the freezing question and parasites: I read it needs to be frozen for 7 days at -4 degrees. Most home freezers are set to 0 so it’s iffy. Commercial freezers get colder , so commercially previously frozen salmon should be fine.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
      Uncle Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      Most all commercially caught wild salmon is processed/frozen on the boat shortly after being caught.

• Red Man
      Red Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Uncle Bob We get fresh Alaskan, and local, salmon in stores here all summer 😁

• Uncle Bob
      Uncle Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      Red , and you're comin' up on Copper River season soon.

I've probably been hot smoking and grilling salmon longer than anything else but steak. This looks like a great cook. Here's a recipe that makes it super easy to release it from the grill. I see your lemon slices, so I think you will like it.

Take the skin off the filet. Wet brine for one hour. If you wish, marinade in olive oil and whatever spices you like. If not, season to your liking. Slice a couple of oranges into 1/4" slices and lay these directly on the grill. Place filet on top of the orange slices. The flavor is unreal.
    Last edited by JCGrill; March 1, 2020, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here