Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shrimp over Sweet Potato Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes & Kale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrimp over Sweet Potato Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes & Kale

This was so good and super easy! We subscribe to https://www.makegoodfood.ca/en/home and this is one of the meals for this week. Really love this service. Great, fresh food with interesting ingredients and flavours. As an added bonus, the box to which we subscribe is called Clean 15 which among other things is low carb which is good for my blood sugar! I've included the recipe after the picture. The only downside when trying to replicate the recipes is that the spices are sent in pre-mixed packages and the recipes have no measures for them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	shrimpsweetpotatopasta.jpg Views:	0 Size:	177.5 KB ID:	800128

340g Shrimp (High-protein serving)
    140g Cherry tomatoes
    50g Sliced red onions
    1 Bunch of basil
    15ml Minced garlic
    1 Lemon
    100g Chopped kale
    100g Spiralized sweet potatoes
    5g Sweet potato ‘pasta’ spice blend (garlic, red bell pepper, dried black lives, basil, oregano, salt, parsley, lemon powder, sunflower oil, black pepper)

Mise en place
    Halve the tomatoes. Juice the lemon.

Cook the shrimp
    In a large pan (non-stick if possible), heat a drizzle of oil on medium. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towel and remove the shells from the tails; season with ½ the spice blend and S&P. Add the shrimp* to the pan in a single, even layer and cook, 1 to 2 minutes per side, until opaque and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside in a warm spot. Reserve the pan.

Cook the vegetables
    In the reserved pan, heat a drizzle of oil on medium. Add the onions and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds to 1 minute, until fragrant. Add the sweet potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, until beginning to soften. Add the tomatoes, kale and as much of the lemon juice as you’d like; season with the remaining spice blend and S&P. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 4 minutes, until the tomatoes have softened and the kale has wilted.

Finish & serve
    To the pan of vegetables, add the shrimp and ½ the basil (pick the leaves off the stems and tear with your hands before adding). Toss to combine and season with S&P to taste. Divide the finished shrimp and vegetables between your plates. Garnish with the remaining basil (roughly chop before adding). Bon appétit!

There you go now we can access this in the future. I'm following this and will give it a try !!!

Comment

I went to 3 stores thinking they would have spiralized sweet potatoes and struck out. In the end, I did it myself. I'll make a mental note to do that from the beginning next time. I have a bin of spinach, kale, chard, and carrots for the greens. Shrimp are defrosting now and I'll wing the spices. I'm going to serve it over riced cauliflower.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought I had seen it. They did have veggie pasta and lentil pasta (I almost got that) but the veggie pastas all had too many ingredients. In the end, 3 minutes of work yielded fresh spiralized sweet potato ready to soak up some sauce.

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        We have a spiralizer, but neither of us knows how to use it. I guess now I'll have to figure it out.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the cheapest one you can get. I had to use a little muscle but it was easy.

https://www.amazon.com/Veggetti-Spir...52152955&psc=1

OK, one question. And it is kind of delicate, coming from me. Hope I don't get in trouble, but what are

dried black lives

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know but they matter. That much is for sure.

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack, probably not so much when they are dried... Got to be moisturized.

Tasty stuff! Thanks for the inspiration, pkadare , I knew I wanted to cook shrimp tonight but didn't know what I was going to cook.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200206_182420.jpg Views:	0 Size:	914.2 KB ID:	800446
      Last edited by Attjack; February 6, 2020, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis