Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Griddled Salmon and Smoked Baby Bella Mushrooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Griddled Salmon and Smoked Baby Bella Mushrooms

Click image for larger version

Name:	D7A3DED5-EE1A-46F1-B3A8-FAF8FCB5A5C0.jpeg
Views:	458
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	777831I’m kinda tired of smoked salmon. So I cooked it on a hot griddle the way Kenji describes in his book for crispy-skin pan-roasted filets. Finished at 120 internal. Simple salt and pepper. I drizzled some lemon herbed butter over it (if interested, see my scallops recipe for the basic idea of how I do herbed butter).

Smoked mushrooms were coated with olive oil, salted, and dusted with onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper (same ratio that meathead uses for tri-tip, but MUCH more sparingly). Smoked a half hour at 225 for half hour. Cranked it up to 450 for about 15 minutes to finish.

Man that stuff looks awesome. I mostly pan fry my salmon these days.

Comment

• Charley Langer
      Charley Langer commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s a lovely way to cook it. Cheers!

• Charley Langer
      Charley Langer commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, you got me hankering to do that. Man... that would be outstanding in some rendered bacon fat. I think I’ve just decided how to do my next salmon!! 💜😊

Looks really good. I can't stop broiling salmon these days.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      I broiled catfish the last two days.

• Charley Langer
      Charley Langer commented
      Editing a comment
      I have never broiled fish. That sounds good!!
      Last edited by Charley Langer; December 11, 2019, 08:36 AM.

That Salmon looks great. You've inspired me to change my salmon cooking next time.

Comment

That is a good looking cook! Salmon is one of my favorites

Comment

This looks great !

Comment

Broiling gets some char on it.

Name:	syHmIRz42EGFNUJDepZzjzlLcL80BwPX6RojOuelbFuo7YbhPlc5jaT8uYuodmcjQRoMAJHqKIE08c7qVXp18gYbaM-H1Cul-nbE5v4DRmtq_ExdIh2BS1n8u3MCo0QQ0SWMRExCHCAfiMgx2ssTbGV4Kdk-XPAdNMtxVWskMm2-O3TSahBCMLiZIgM4w5hVfddC3pnyaJfxKf8XKpJwSDEsazrC9OYnOKOV6q2wzTZxie2hiCPBtBfKisJkjtO
Views:	316
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	777932
          Last edited by Attjack; December 11, 2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Charley Langer
            Charley Langer commented
            Editing a comment
            Oooh! That looks good!

Just grilling achieves the same char for me. I like using Phat Mats to keep the sticking down so I can hit it with high heat. Love grilled fish....

Name:	catfish 01.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	777947

BTW Charley, love the salmon and the mushrooms. Well done, you been killin' it lately !!!

Comment

• Charley Langer
            Charley Langer commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you! And that is a LOVELY looking plate! Wow!

@Charley Langer my dinner tonight is dedicated to you. Thanks for making me crave salmon. This is wild caught Coho.

Name:	20191211_184612.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	778111

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here