Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seafood Paella BGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seafood Paella BGE

First time trying this. Came out pretty good!

Shrimp, scallops, clams, and chicken thighs. Didn't achieve a full crust but had some tasty bits.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Old Glory; April 7, 2019, 06:23 PM.

Outstanding! Paella is one of my top 3 dishes! To cook and eat!

I bet it had a great smokiness to it on the BGE!

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely had good smoke. Need to figure out temps to nail the crust. I have never had it before so I wasn't sure what it was supposed to taste like. Thinking I could add some white wine to the cooking liquid.

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely white wine as a part of th liquid. Adds a nice sweetness to it. I usually do 1/3 of wine of the total liquid.

For the soccarat, just have to cook it. I do this both on my gasser and on my kettle, and it just takes time, just have to watch and not let it burn. The liquid has to cook off, so just stick around and watch it and the end.

TThat looks very good. I need to try makin' that.

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Wasn't to bad. Mise en Place a must.

That looks wonderful! I love the pan too. Where did you get that?

Comment

That looks great! I shoot for medium high heat throughout the cook. Plenty of olive oil is the key to making the socarrat (my favorite part). Patience and developing a "nose" for when the socarrat is done is something I learned from a Spanish friend. I don't always nail it like she does, but getting better at it.

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      I backed off on the olive oil. Will use more next time. Thanks for the tip!

That looks great. I would never have thought of that. I am really glad I joined this site. You guys keep giving me good ideas.

Comment

Looks great!

White wine would be great as long as it can reduce. A great way to alter a sweet, front end v v back end depth etc...

Comment

I've always loved paella but have honestly never tried to cook it. Got the pan though, guess that's half the battle

Yours looks pretty good to me, develop that sought after crust and you got a winner !!!

Comment

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Do it!

• Old Glory
          Old Glory commented
          Editing a comment
          Wasn't to bad. Getting temps to settle back after the saute was a challenge.

That looks amazing.

Comment

Now that is a nice cook! Love the fact that you cooked it on the BGE. I'm too 'meat-centric' when it comes to grilling, this post is inspirational, thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Old Glory
            Old Glory commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!

Great looking cook. I have yet to try this one yet. Wonderful color!

Comment

My to do list is getting pretty long at this point.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here