Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offshore BBQ 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offshore BBQ 2.0

Click image for larger version

Name:	4A17FDAA-D99E-4563-AA64-86293CE99430.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	569846Click image for larger version

Name:	5D9C66C4-19A4-424C-BC90-E18A7473AEA8.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	569845Click image for larger version

Name:	516A1183-3F2D-4627-AC78-4F12630B5AE6.jpeg
Views:	216
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	569844 Smoked tuna from the oil rigs off of Venice Louisiana. This is Yellow Fin. Used the standard recipe I use for Mahi, both in the smoke and the dip.

Great looking food! Brings back memories of grilling on the fantail of ships when I sailed in the merchant marine. Nothing like salt water and maybe a sunset to make BBQ extra special.

Comment

"Ah, Venice!" Looks fantastic!

I need to get back there - such an awesome place for great fishing from deep water for tuna, mahi, and red snapper to near shore specs, reds and flounder, not to mention fresh shrimp!

Comment

We limited out on red snapper in under an hour 2 straight days, day 3 limit on redfish, room maybe 90 minutes. Then we bought jumbo shrimp right off the boat, peeled in front of us...$4/pound

Comment

Originally posted by McEDaddy View Post
          We limited out on red snapper in under an hour 2 straight days, day 3 limit on redfish, room maybe 90 minutes. Then we bought jumbo shrimp right off the boat, peeled in front of us...$4/pound
          Awesome, and the Saints won today, perfect weekend!

Comment

Love fishing there.

Comment

Originally posted by McEDaddy View Post
              Click image for larger version

Name:	4A17FDAA-D99E-4563-AA64-86293CE99430.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	569846Click image for larger version

Name:	5D9C66C4-19A4-424C-BC90-E18A7473AEA8.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	569845Click image for larger version

Name:	516A1183-3F2D-4627-AC78-4F12630B5AE6.jpeg
Views:	216
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	569844 Smoked tuna from the oil rigs off of Venice Louisiana. This is Yellow Fin. Used the standard recipe I use for Mahi, both in the smoke and the dip.
              Are you willing to share the recipe? I have some dorado I brought back from Guatemala that i'm going to cook tomorrow.

Comment

• Ahumadora
                Ahumadora commented
                Editing a comment
                Puerto Quetzale? which boat?

Brine is so easy. Bottle of cheap white wine, then salt n brown sugar. Think it’s 1/4 cup each. Soak it over night, smoke it for about 90 minutes. It’s so easy I don’t even have a digital thermometer on my Weber Kettle. Just eyeball it, when it’s golden brown , take it off

Comment

Last thing , put a chunk of applewood on the coals

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here