Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schmancy Smoked Wild King Salmon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schmancy Smoked Wild King Salmon

The Fresh Market had fresh wild king salmon on sale this week (still pretty pricey), and my wife gets serious salmon cravings so I picked some up. I used Meathead’s Schmancy Hot Smoked Salmon recipe a while back, and it was delicious - may favorite salmon by far. This time I doubled the brine recipe since these filets weighed 3.5 lbs, I went a little heavier on the garlic powder, and increased the wet brine time from 2 hours to 2.5 hours (filets were a solid 2” thick). I also let them sit uncovered for an hour in the fridge after brining and prior to going on the kettle. Topped them with brown sugar and smoked them at 230-235 for 50 min with a few small cherry wood chunks. Just amazing, so moist and flaky... the garlic and black pepper flavors came thru just right this time with a hint of sweet and a kiss of smoke. Best salmon I’ve ever had hands down, wife said the same thing! Thank you again AR!!
    Attached Files

I just got a craving for salmon. Thanks a lot.

Comment

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      Just doin’ my job, boss!

Just wonderful!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here