Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sea Bream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sea Bream

Was struggling to find many fish recipes to suit UK availability.
    Some delicious things on here but sadly difficult or very expensive to get hold of.
    Asked on a UK based site and a few people recommended Sea Bream.

Nipped to the local market and picked up a Sea Bream for around £4.60 which is touch under $6.

Fichmonger cleaned it for me.
    I salted, put back in the fridge whilst I lit the BBQ and picked up some other ingredients.
    Made a mix of fresh parsley, fennel, black pepper and a touch more salt.

Was very nice. If I do it again I'd have less heat in the grill as it flared up quite quickly.

Looks like you did a pretty good job of it.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Looks perfect. Delicious mild fish that isn’t very available in the United States. When it is, typically in Greek restaurants, its commonly referred to as Dorade.

Comment

• Ahumadora
          Ahumadora commented
          Editing a comment
          Pacific golden snapper. Common in the Southern hemisphere. We used to catch them then filet and marinate with lemon and coconut juice in a plastic bag for an hour. Then eat it like that Delicious !

Nicely done, pretty pix !!

Comment

Beautiful. How did it taste?

Comment

Tasted good! Will do it again. Nice light meal, very different to the usual heavy meats I do.

Comment

It does look tasty.

Comment

Good job, that fish looks delish! I've done sea bream a few times, like the texture of the meat. Great photos!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here