Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled red snapper on the Komodo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled red snapper on the Komodo

Did a whole red snapper tonight. Rubbed it with olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, and fresh oregano. I then stuffed the cavity with lemon slices, garlic, and oregano. Put over a direct flame for here minutes and flipped for three more. I then moved to indirect for about five minutes. Came out excellent.
    Attached Files

nice! looks like a pacific snapper. Did you scale it and eat the skin?

Comment

• Sfdrew28
      Sfdrew28 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup. Even the mrs ate the skin.

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      yum! nothin’ like skin on crispy fish from the Q! skin absorbs the marinade n spices!

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      oh, and Welcome fellow Fishhead!

Looks good

Comment

That looks like a baby red snapper compared to the ones from the Gulf of Mexico. It's all good, though! Looks great!

BTW, here's a pic posted by my favorite seafood shop based in Dauphin Island, AL:

Click image for larger version  Name:	26239787_1838911086139249_3852306661736836721_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	60.7 KB ID:	460698​
      ​​​​​​​https://www.facebook.com/gulfcoastconnection/
      Last edited by Steve R.; February 27, 2018, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        Now thats a party fish! I’ll see your snapper and raise you one! hmmmm, can’t seem to find the pic button for a comment so I fold!

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        He must have long arms! hehehe

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        And tiny fingers.

Great lookin cook.

Comment

Perfect way to cook snapper!!

Comment

I would snap that right up.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	fish2.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	460769 That's one big snapper!

I like baby ones.

Comment

Snapper is one of our favorites.

Comment

• Sfdrew28
                Sfdrew28 commented
                Editing a comment
                I really liked it. First time making it. I usually buy branzini or some type of bass.

Jack Pot!!

Comment

Yum!!

Comment

how are the bones in snapper? are they bad or easy to sort out?

Comment

• Sfdrew28
                    Sfdrew28 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not too bad but if someone really hates bones I’d pass.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here