Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Salmon For Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Salmon For Dinner

I smoked two slabs of salmon tonight on my Landmann gas water smoker, one for us and one for our neighbor, Bud and Norma Coleman. They've had my barbecue before, but never my smoked salmon. He said they gorged themselves until they were stuffed. Then waited for a time, and gorged themselves again. He said he didn't know that salmon could taste that good. Below are pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Salmon 002.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	452500

Click image for larger version

Name:	Salmon 004.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	452501

Love it that way, did one recently myself. Yours looks very tasty, sure your neighbor is going to agree (lucky him) !!!

Comment

Definately a great fish smoked! Nice big filets to!

Comment

Looks great RAmorris . Smoked Salmon is always sooooooooo good!

Comment

Awesome! Good thing you shared with your neighbors so they get to taste great barbecue!

Comment

Salmon so so so good.

Comment

That was a good looking Salmon RAmorris ! It was hotsmoked?

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
                Elton's BBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Safe to Consume Raw:
                Exempt from the freezing requirement for fish (U.S. Food Code section 3-402.11) because it is an aquaculture fish, raised in net pens in open water and fed formulated feed

• Elton's BBQ
                Elton's BBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                With other words; Norwegian farmed salmon is of high quality and it could reach the level of taste and quality as wild atlantic salmon. Glad you had that positive experience Troutman!

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry don’t mean to hijack this post but how are they handling the salmon mite? Heard the use of kelp in the pens helps them rub them off. Antibiotics is my biggest fear in eating farm raised. Getting beyond the fears, Norwegian salmon is awesome.

Lookin good.

Comment

Looks good! Cured first, or just hot smoked? Both great but quite different!

Comment

Looks Good.

Comment

Looks yum! What wood did you use for smoke?

Comment

• RAmorris
                      RAmorris commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I used apple wood chips.

RAmorris Your fish looks great !! Have you ever tried smoking Mahi or Ono ? Just wondering if you have and if you had any success with it. I keep threatening to try smoking some but haven't yet.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here