Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone seen Bubba...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone seen Bubba...

... Gump?
    Attached Files

Maybe ask Jerod Broussard. He lives down that way!

Flamethrower, I assume?

Comment

Lol.. not hardly. I don't have any grudges against crustaceans... This is one the many reasons to have a cold smoke box.😎

Comment

They slept in my backyard last night.. they will sleep in my belly tonight.
        Attached Files

Comment

The yard bird came off ahead of my little friends..
          Attached Files

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            That my Sunshime Friend looks fantastic! You now have my attention (as if you didn't with that stupid back yard of yours)
            Last edited by HouseHomey; August 22, 2017, 08:04 PM. Reason: Spelling, Duh!

Looks good!

Comment

Served..
            Attached Files

Comment

Delicious!

Comment

Oh yeah... Raise your hand if you cook your shrimp for an hour..
                Attached Files

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yo!

• HouseHomey
                  HouseHomey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Seriously!!

• FlaBouy
                  FlaBouy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL... those taste more ridiculous than they look...

Love love love sum shrimp.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

You are killing me and I'm stuffed!

Comment

Oh! I also found Bubba Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1050.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	367642

Comment

• FlaBouy
                        FlaBouy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's the way I felt after inhaling a couple skewers of that shrimp....

Thanks guys. I never know what the princess will lay out for dinner every day when I get home, hence why the yard bird got tossed on the coals alongside the shrimp. A buddy of mine called yesterday to check in and asked if I was strong enough yet to get back out on the water. 2017 can bite me FWIW, due to giving me the chest zipper and the shingles shortly after. I run a 14' ocean going fishing kayak (Wilderness Systems ATAK) but it has not been on the water this year because I don't yet have the chest or shoulder strength to fight the surf and chop in open water. So we decided that we would take his commercial rig out on labor day to find some blue water since the feds are going to release triggers and snapper that weekend. Last time we went, I caught some serious red grouper and a couple of kings. Anywho, that conversation put me in the mood for seafood so on the way home I swung by a local Marina to pay the Shrimp Lady a visit. It was late in the day and only one of their boats had come in, so I grabbed a couple pounds of 30's... I usually like to marinate them for a bit longer if they go in the smoke box because if you aren't careful they will dry out a bit, but yesterdays batch came out in the sweet spot of juicy and tender. I had some competition blend in the 680 and you could definitely taste the hickory fighting with the Old Bay to come through on the shrimp. I find placing them high in the exhaust and rotating the skewers every 10 minutes or so allows the smoke to permeate under the shells a bit and the heat is almost non-existent seeing as a Florida summer afternoon is approaching triple digits and the smoke box is logging just over that. After an hour or so, you toss them over on the indirect for a few minutes to set the flavor and you are in business. It definitely set the mood for me to pull out my fish baskets. Nothing like smoking a big hunk of grouper or kissing a nice flaky flounder before whipping up a batch of my East Bay Blue Crab stuffing. Carry on.

Comment

Looking awesome! I like that skewer setup you have.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here