Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toss Another Shrimp. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toss Another Shrimp. . .

I must confess that until today, I've never uttered the phrase "Toss another shrimp on the barbie." And that is just a little odd, seeing that I do live in Florida. But aren't grills supposed to be all about the burgers and steaks and things like that?

Today, I have done the deed! I mean, yes, I did cook up some shrimp on the "barbie."

These were 14/16 sized, (I think, wife says he didn't mark it on the package but she thought they looked about right.) And they were buttered with some tarragon, garlic powder, and some spicy paprika. (Not the sweet kind.)

Here it is just after it hit the grill:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0923.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	335652

And one more after getting a good coating of the butter mix and then moved to the cool side:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0925.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	335653

Now this was another of what I call, "Good Eats!

I'm guessing I'm going to have to keep the Char-Broil 580. These cooked perfectly. At least the Kettle will be getting a day of every once in a while. Oh heck, this was another "1st" post!

Mike S.

I would drive through a tropical storm for that!!!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      bten, we are good in east central Texas, for now. I was going to head to southwest Louisiana tomorrow to the eastern part of Vermilion parish. NO go for now. At least no one has indicated to me they are grilling shrimp. May head down there Friday

• bten
      bten commented
      Editing a comment
      Jerod, I am in houston, but have a lot of family that lives between Baton Rouge and New Orleans, so I am watching the weather for both me and them. (Mike S.) where are you located?
      Last edited by Jerod Broussard; June 20, 2017, 09:00 PM.

• (Mike S.)
      (Mike S.) commented
      Editing a comment
      Spring Hill. FL

they look yum!

Comment

Looks like a great cook to me, fer anybody, much less a first time!
      Hope yer gonna give Cooked pic(s) (Please!)
      Loves me some shrimp, anytime!!!
      Someday Soon: add Cajun seasonin's, smoke, use in Jamabalaya, Gumbo, étouffée, etc.
      Least that's how I do 'er...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Andems is all doin' good!
        Mama, she done lait plumb down in May, ought six...
        Thanks fer askin', dere, Thibodeaux!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 20, 2017, 07:54 PM.

• (Mike S.)
        (Mike S.) commented
        Editing a comment
        My wife lived in Morgan City, LA for several years. She's a coonass by adoption. I met her down here, in Fla. But I also know quite a few people in LA, all involved in small boat building, mostly Pirogue's.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Very cool, dat!
        Pleasedtameetcha!!!

Beautiful!

Comment

They look awesome. Nice cook.
        If you like bacon, who doesn't, but if you do one of my favorites is wrapping the shrimp with bacon. I usually use under 12 count for this. Par cook the bacon than wrap. Put those puppies on and hit them with some bbq sauce at the end. What more can I say. BOOOOM. Outa the park.

Comment

Mike you didn't wanna cook a skewer for your wife ?

Comment

• (Mike S.)
            (Mike S.) commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm thinking that I not quite in your league just yet. Gimme a little time, I'll get there.

Very nice shrimp. I have some in the freezer that I need to cook this week.

Comment

Lookin' good Mike.

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here