Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled Shrimp :: First Cook At My Florida Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled Shrimp :: First Cook At My Florida Home

I purchased 1.5 lb of fresh gulf shrimp at Joe Patti in Pensacola today. A light coating of olive oil, then a little kosher salt, black pepper and garlic powder. That's it. Cooked on my Copper Weber Kettle over about 1/3 chimney of well lit Kingsford Blue Bag using the Slow 'N Sear. Man were they great. I made sure I did not over cook them...when their color changed from gray to white they were done. The family enjoyed them.

Joe Patti Seafood
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6052.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	167894

My current setup

Name:	IMG_6069.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	167895

Coals are ready

Name:	IMG_6064.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	167896

First round of shrimp are on!

Name:	IMG_6065.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	167897

Shrimp are flipped

Name:	IMG_6066.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	167898

The lid is on to keep the first round warm in their pan while the second round cooks

Name:	IMG_6070.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	167899

The finished shrimp

Name:	IMG_6073.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	167900

Served with what my wife cooked: Sweet potato with butter and cinnamon honey, cheesy cornbread and skillet cooked zucchini & mushrooms

Name:	IMG_6093.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	167901

Ooooh, I loves me some shrimps on the barbie! Looks great!

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      I ended up eating 13 shrimp. :-)

• billg71
      billg71 commented
      Editing a comment
      13? Is that all?

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to practice a little restraint or else my wife and her mom would have come up short and I like living! lol.

That's some good no great looking shrimp.

Comment

Fantastic! Nice work and nice pics!

Comment

Ohh So jealous!! not only of the fresh Shrimp but of Pensacola! love that city (and Ft Walton Beach) use to have a time share there. (yes I'm showing my age)but it got taken out by a hurricane, Then they rebuilt and along came another Hurricane and well we didn't have a place to come to anymore lol) miss the Emerald coast!! oh and The shrimp looked perfectly cooked!! So Jealous!!

Comment

Congrats on your first cook in your new home!

Comment

fuzzydaddy, You're Living The Good Life Now! 😎😎👍😎😎 The Shrimp and Fixin's Looked Great!
            BTW is that an old typing table with drop wings you are using as a Grill Table?
            Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
            Last edited by Danjohnston949; May 15, 2016, 07:02 AM.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes sir! My wife found it at a yard sale and it was rusty. I sanded and painted. It works great. I've got another metal one that's different but about the same size and without wings. Probably $10 each.

• JDenver
              JDenver commented
              Editing a comment
              My wife noticed knew the table immediately. She buys & sells those all the time.

Nice! I'm so jealous of you gulf dwellers for your seafood, tough to beat fresh shrimp like that.

Comment

Nice job, FuzzyD! ... now get yourself some cheap sunglasses and a few Jimmy Buffett t-shirts and you'll be passing off as a native any day ...

Comment

Those look great fuzzydaddy

Another thing I have to cook this week while my wife is gone. She used to love shrimp, lobster, and Alaskan King Crab, but she developed an allergy that extends to all shellfish and mollusks. I think Meathead has the same allergy.

I'm not cruel enough (maybe someday ) to cook them in front of her, since she can't eat them.

In 1988, the only color for a Weber was black. I thought that Henry Ford started Kingsford, didn't realize he was involved in Weber as well. Just think, if it weren't for Mr. Ford's involvement, we might have copper colored charcoal too.

Jim

Comment

The finished shrimp
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]n167900[/ATTACH]

That looks great! I could eat that all day!

-Dave

Comment

Those look great, nice job on the cook. Another example of just getting great ingredients and keeping it simple.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                      fuzzydaddy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you!

Nice !

Comment

Great cook fuzzydaddy ... You know you're moved in once your fire up your grills.👍 I like to make fettecine Alfredo and mix the shrimp into it.😋

Comment

That shrimp looks wonderful, and it's good that you got a chance to get your grill on, fuzzydaddy . You must be itching to fire it up again soon. Fresh caught shrimp, grilled so nicely--the perfect way to eat them. Congrats!

Kathryn

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                          fuzzydaddy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks fzxdoc! Ribs should be up next, probably baby backs!

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here