Equipment:
'88 Vintage Fire Magic gasser with over 4000 cooks to its credit
Large Big Green Egg
18 Inch Weber Kettle (Rescued from neighbor's trash)
Rotisserie for 18 inch kettle
Dyna Glo propane smoker
Pit Barrel Cooker
Smokey Joe with mini WSM mod
Garcima paella burner
Anova Sous Vide
Slaiya Sous Vide (gift)
LEM grinder, sausage stuffer and meat slicer (all gifts)
"Grilled Lobster Puts That Bland Boiled Stuff To Shame" Recipe from Free Site
For my sister's 73rd birthday, we got a couple of +-1.5 pound live lobsters from Publix and grilled them per Meathead free site recipe. The only real reason for this post is to highly recommend Meathead's / Greg Blonder's method. The only thing we changed was to reduce the amount of parsley, used one teaspoon each of fresh parsley, tarragon and chives in 3 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon canola oil as the baste. Grilled on the gas grill, covered at 400º. Pulled when thermometer probes in the tail meat were 145º to 150º.
Served with bacon spinach salad and key lime pie and melted butter.
As there were other things going on, the picture taking was lacking, but here's what I got (just enough to prove it happened).
Allon I've only done it on my pellet grill using a hickory blend and once with cherry, if I remember right it's 225 for a little over an hour and/or until an IT of 140. But I'd double check on the finish temp before doing 'em.
Comment