Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a different online bbq rub/sauce site to try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one wins blind tastings on wibs every time. Also great on chicken. https://www.caribeque.com/collection...rk-poultry-rub

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Note: we don't sauce. Don't need to .

I had never tried Blues Hog before and after seeing several posts here, I asked the wife to pick some up at the store instead of making my homemade sauce. I smoked a pork but this weekend and tried both the original and TN Red. Initially I thought both were Ok. Original was good but awfully sweet to eat too much of and TN Red was good as well and I’m not usually a huge vinegar sauce fan. So, I was happy. Then, I took a small pile of pork threw a spoonful of original on it followed by a spoonful of TN red and was like WOW! This combo might be my new favorite store bought pork sauce.

Comment

• Smoking77
      Smoking77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great idea!

• JoeSousa
      JoeSousa commented
      Editing a comment
      glitchy I really like the Original for pork belly burnt ends where you want an over the top sweet, sticky sauce

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      yep I cut those 2 together 50/50 to great effect. The chipotle raspberry mixes great with honey or stubbs original.

I love Blues Hog, It is my favorite sauce. Really sweet though, so if you don't like that, then you may want to pass.

For rubs, that I have found recently.....

Big Poppa Smokers Cash Cow is great for brisket!

Kosmos Q Wing dust is the best!

Cajun,, Nashville Hot and Chili Lime are my favorites. However, they are all really good.

I like to fry my wings, then toss them in a stainless bowl with the rub, then add buffalo sauce or sweet chili sauce to the bowl and then toss again. Nothing better!

Comment

• Smoking77
      Smoking77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the recs! I'll try those next time around. I agree, the Blues Hog is very sweet. Still great though.

Bbq gurus sent me a bottle of AP Mojo Rub when I bought my pit viper.

I'm actually impressed. Like it pretty well. It's not overly salty. It's real good on chicken, and I think it would work on pork. Might be a little light for beef.

Comment

Kosmos Q

https://kosmosq.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwl...oaAjtQEALw_wcB

Comment

Hank's

The Signature rub's flavor profile rests firmly on three pillars: coffee, cocoa and chipotle chili. The earthy tones of coffee and cocoa together with the smoked chili heat is a great match for most meats. This rub produces a dark brown crust with great flavor. Enjoy it on various foods!

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          I've had his other two and really liked them. Need to put this one on the list.

Barker BBQ is a local company here that makes rubs: https://www.barkerbbq.com/shop I really like the Sweet Lou on wings. Just a tiny bit of kick to it and it has a nice sweetness to it. Would be great on pork too. The guy that owns it is the lead pitmaster at the only good bbq restaurant in the area so he knows his stuff.

Spiceology is another local company and they have some great rubs as well. https://spiceology.com/pages/sasquatch-bbq the Erubtion rub from this collaboration with Sasquatch BBQ is excellent on pork loin and ribs. And the Mother Plucker rub is amazing on chicken.

Their Maui Wowee is great for simple chicken breasts: https://spiceology.com/collections/b...cts/maui-wowee The have a ton of other rubs and seasonings as well.

Comment

• Smoking77
          Smoking77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for all the recs!

I use sauces sparingly and I'm not a fan of overly sweet ones. But there are two commercials sauces that I enjoy.

Braswell's Original - I read about this in a Texas Monthly article and tried it. I really liked it and keep some in the pantry.
        Braswell's Original BBQ sauce is made using the freshest ingredients for authentic Southern-style flavor perfect for grilling meats & vegetables

Another that I like isKiller Hogs Vinegar Sauce
        Become a Killer Hogs Dealer Interested in becoming a Killer Hogs Dealer and Wholesaler? You can now sell Killer Hogs and HowToBBQRight products in your retail location – or to serve in your restaurant! APPLY TODAY GET

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here