Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Spice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Spice

Does anyone have a good all purpose pork spice without the salt recipe

What cut of pork are you looking at?

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

pepper

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        good one

See Meatheads Memphis Dust dry rub recipe on the AR site.
      I make a variation of this dry rub myself called Whatever's in the Pantry Dust.
      If I do put salt in a batch from time to time its only a tablespoon

Comment

I generally go with a variation of central Texas style rub using equal parts salt, pepper, & paprika. Then, just a light dusting of garlic powder over the top.

Comment

Store bought or homemade? Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Although there is a salt content to them, I've been using two lately. First is Hank's KC rub....

...the other is Malcom Reed's Killer Hogs. They both have different flavor profiles and work well with pork, but most importantly work equally well with salt dry brining. Neither overwhelms the pre-salt content to my taste.

But there are dozens of others. Meathead's Memphis Dust is certainly one of them. Good luck in your search and welcome to the Pit.

Comment

3 Tbs, paprika, 2 Tbs black pepper and brown sugar, 1/2 tsp chipotle pepper. 1/4 tsp cayenne or more if you like it spicy. and finally 1/2 tsp Mexican oregano and thyme. Adjust heat from peppers by adding more or less to suit your taste.

Comment

Thanks guys, looking to make just a homemade blend for porkchops.

Pepper lol, good one

Comment

• parkerj2
                  parkerj2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  couldn't help myself.

Welcome to The Pit. Meathead's Memphis Dust has no salt and is very good for pork.

This popular Memphis dust bbq dry rub recipe is the only seasoning blend you'll ever need for pork, chicken, fish, beef, and veggies. The rub is based on Memphis style BBQ, where ribs are served "dry," letting the seasoning and smoked shine by skipping the sauce.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here