Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simon & Garfunkel Spice Blend question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simon & Garfunkel Spice Blend question

Getting ready to try the Simon & Garfunkel Spice Blend on chicken. In the recipe for the chicken it says to "sprinkle the rub on lightly". In the recipe for the spice blend, it says to "sprinkle the rub on liberally, even if you are a conservative". Am I missing something or does this not even matter?

Here's my two cents. I like a lot of it so I tend to go heavy. It is a strong rub so may I suggest you let you personal taste be your guild.

There's a LOT of rub in this pic for most taste.

Comment

I'd go heavy on turkey, lighter on chicken.

Comment

Thanks, think I will eyeball it the first time and experiment from there.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Like John alluded to, taste is so personal. I like to look at coverage, or lack thereof. Just get the meat covered, without any pile up, then go from there.

sb072049 Are you doing a while bird? My suggestion is go half heavy, half light, then you can taste test which you prefer and out only takes one cook to find out!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here