Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gifted Hungarian Paprika from my wife.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gifted Hungarian Paprika from my wife.

My wife got me some great gifts from her trip to Europe with her mother. Including hot and sweet smoked Hungarian paprika. I want to use it but I am thinking that this is going to be a special unique taste. Thoughts on a rub or dish that will help make this flavor pop?
    Attached Files

On potato salad or deviled eggs. On pork chops, loin, or tenderloin.

Comment

Taste it first. Then decide. I’m thinking of a dark chili rub on slow cooked pork.

Comment

Chicken Paprikash! Hungarian food is delicious!!!

Comment

Oh some great ideas

Comment

You can use it in any rub to enhance the smokiness of the pork, chicken, brisket, etc. I would especially use it in a brisket rub and a pork rub. But use in moderation. I love the egg idea and really any of the other ideas. But seriously start using in moderation, you have some of the best paprika in the world.

Comment

I second the chicken paprikash suggestion, although I make mine with straight up Hot Hungarian Paprika, not the smoked variety. Not sure what the smoky profile will do to that yummy dish.

Kathryn

Comment

That's really sweet - well, at least half of it should be sweet.

Comment

I have not tried the hot stuff. It’s spicy, so I’m sure it would work really well in a sour cream sauce like Chicken Paprikash as others have said.

The sweet stuff just begs to be used in authentic Hungarian gulyas (goulash). It’s a soup, not a thick stew. I can post my recipe in a day or so if anyone is interested.

Comment

• Willard
                    Willard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’m interested. Please.

AverageJoe Willard I just posted my gulyas / goulash recipe on the "Soup" sub-forum. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here