Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tony Chachere's - No Salt Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Chachere's - No Salt Now Available

I noted that Tony Chachere's was a fairly popular seasoning/rub and I also noted some thought it was a little too salty. Others longed for a no-salt version. Your prayers have been answered, assuming you pray over such trivial matters. I found this at Wally World today and you can order it on their (Tony's) website.
    I tried to photograph the ingredients and due to the size of the container, I had to take two photos to catch it all. Sorry about that.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Tony's.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	648277
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Tony's Ingredients 1.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	648278Click image for larger version

Name:	Tony's Ingredients 2.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	648279

Cool. I like Tony's but I always thought it was too salty.

Comment

• NapMaster
      NapMaster commented
      Editing a comment
      Just figured out that it is not the same as the original seasoning. Dang. Bonehead made up some salt free stuff. I'll try it and I'll report back.

Hmmmm, I eat that stuff straight out of my hand, can't imagine a saltless version.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Ice cream topper, right?

I love Tony’s although the ability to brine then apply might be interesting as normally if I am using Tony's it just becomes my brine.

Comment

See my comment above. It is not the original, sans salt. It has some other stuff in it. Apparently, they are trying to make something for folks that don't use salt or can't have salt. The primary ingredient is brown sugar. I'll try it on something and I'll report back. Frankly, I'm bummed.

Comment

My guess is that the salt makes up such a dominant part of the flavor it will be hard to concoct a true salt free version. I learned that lesson when I developed PBC All Purpose rub sans salt. I like my rub but it is very hard to compare the two.

Comment

Well, too bad it isn't the same seasoning as the original. I use Tony's but only to set the saltiness of a dish. I then add other seasonings for more flavor.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here