Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horseradish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horseradish

If anyone wants to try the hottest horseradish on earth here is where to get it. I have ordered it for years. A great thing to have around. Be sure to warn anyone that tries it to breath first, and then hold their breath. It has a half life of about 6 months, so it does tone down. It is good to mix in with other things, gives the heat when you want it. Bring it to a bar, everyone wants it after they try it! To give to others.

Online Orders are now being accepted! To order some of our famous horseradish or horseradish mustard, please use the form below. In the area for order details, please enter the quantity of each item...

Loves me some horseradish, since quite th youngun...

Comment

Thanks for the info!
      I was thinkin it would be nice to make some fresh horseradish, but my Winco had HUGE horseradish roots; don't know who would need a giant root like that. Anyone familiar with making from fresh root?

Comment

Thanks for the link. I’ll be hitting them up. Probably make some killer cocktail sauce with some of that.

Comment

Horserubbish is what I call that stuff! 🤢

Comment

Mostly a matter of grindin, addin vinegar, at its simplest...some add salt, sugar, etc., usw.

Need lots of ventilation, respiratory an occular PPE...

Comment

Make a creative horseradish cream sauce for steak and roast beef sammiches. Or make yet own Stuff. Elmo's cocktail sauce (I'll bathe in that stuff given the opportunity) .

Comment

Horseradish is heavenly. Need more things to use it on. Prime rib, obviously, and I like a little on a steak or burger, but what other things have you used it on/in?

Comment

• ssandy_561
                  ssandy_561 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Also add some horseradish to both deviled eggs and egg salad. Great with both.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                  ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We use equal parts horseradish and garlic in our mashed taters, love it on leftover beef sandwiches too, I've chucked some into spaghetti before and with a future attempt could probably dial in the other required spices to make that work better. My favorite (other than Prime Rib) is in scrambled eggs!

• Santamarina
                  Santamarina commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Some good ideas here...thanks, guys!

Penzey's makes a couple that I like.

Comment

Couple of good tips. Thanks guys, I love horseradish and have not found a real good one yet in our stores.

Comment

Here's how to make horseradish: https://www.seriouseats.com/2015/07/...rseradish.html

Do make it OUTDOORS!
                    Last edited by Willy; February 16, 2019, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• binarypaladin
                      binarypaladin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Made this a couple months ago. I’ve never worked with food that was so painful.

I get this from the bulk food store I shop at. I add it to my beef rub. It adds a nice flavor and spice to the rub.

Click image for larger version

Name:	716C0084-A218-42DA-BF42-E23935277CA1.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	636869

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here