Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low Carb Alternative to Brown Sugar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Carb Alternative to Brown Sugar

I'm trying to locate a low carb alternative to brown sugar. I thought about making a version with Stevia and molasses but looking for less carbs if possible. I've seen the Splenda version but also trying to do more unprocessed food. Anyone have anything they use or recommend to give a similiar flavor profile?

You could also try monk fruit with molasses.

Comment

Yeah... The sweetener isn't as big of a challenge as the molasses for the carbs. I guess I'll just gave to look and see the lowest carb molasses I can find.

Comment

Splenda makes a brown sugar blend. Not exactly zero carbs but lower carbs than straight brown.

Comment

I'm just not sure I trust Splenda. I know getting away from all processed foods is difficult but that just seems so chemical to me. Guess I need to look for molasses and do the calculation. I'll probably stick to sauces without brown sugar and make my own for the rub but cut back on the amount. I found a low carb ketchup that's organic at whole foods... I'm thinking using stevia and that in lieu of sugar and tomato paste in the Carolina gold recipe. I think that should make a pretty low carb sauce.

Comment

The lowest carb molasses is blackstrap.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here