Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

get the Y back to brewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

get the Y back to brewing

So, I've mentioned before that the Y has loved brewing. He hasn't done it since he had his cancer surgery several years ago because of his resulting hernia. FYI, his next hernia surgery will be Feb 22, so spare a moment and a prayer for him , if you will.

Meanwhile, he hasn't been brewing for quite a while. he has all sorts of equipment for the job but, when you can't ligt the pot of water, there's not much else you can do.

BUT, I got him brewing something else for me.

I have had a MARVELOUS time int he last couple of years making vinegars. and I have really wanted to start making some fruit vinegars. after all, why throw away old fruit when you can still make something useful from it? one of the things I LOVE in fall is persimmon. but usually Fuyu cause the Hachiya has to be eaten at EXACTLY the right moment. too soon and it will pucker you up for an hour, too late and it's gone over. my local Korean Grocer brought me a crate of hachiyas, so, since we couldn't eat them all, we are making vinegar from them

so, here's the Y, making Persimmon Wine (ish) that we can convert to vinegar. I forgot how excited he got over growing his little yeasties. He had a sparkle I hadn't seen in a while and it was SO mice to see. what this means is that next year,t he Santa recipient may get themselves some vinegar as well as everything else.

On another note, we were working in the yard, today and moving a couple of plants to better spots. a young man visiting the neighbors came over and volunteered to help. It was wonderfully nice to have some young muscle to help! while we're at it, this youngster asks the Y, "Excuse me, can I ask? How old are you?" and the Y told him. and then the kid says, "Why are you out here working in the yard like this?"

Well, the answer to that, of course is, if not us, who? but the Y just said "It needs doing. and I'm hardly dead." Nothing like being reminded of impending doom!!! LOL!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here