Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I picked up some new finishing salts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up some new finishing salts.

A box of Maldon Sea Salt Flakes, Extra Bold Smoked Salt, Fleur De Sel, Wild Porcini (my favorite), Trinidad Scorpion, and a packet of Jamaican Jerk Seasoning too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SiArBsiKYTSPbcMqX9EqzhQJoKCM5sYA1cRu_g7te4Tjn_KtTgrYOVPz4nSom1mZaCRgmev86lA9JkwG_IowD3EJGUgN0sxJ-LaRtgXl3wOJe3eH6MzivDIwfAHyCVVgdCuouWzho1KXkPu2HPMC30_AUU48dq2GlBcgO9C6QR9QfwqG3kAoJU_c6-rmGEGwXyrsBYIUpvu-FSVUiz8RRr1kiC4er_MXwRCF2DO5AcpNytYjQ4eIT6ol8XmAtOu
Views:	133
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	582038

Very nice! Most cooks do not appreciate what fresh high quality spices add to their cooking efforts. I can't remember the last time I purchased spices or rubs from Wal Mart or the local grocery. Most of that stuff is months old before it even hits their shelf!

Comment

Attjack Have you tried anything from Naturiffic? https://www.naturiffic.com/gourmet

If, so do you have any comparisons?

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I have not. Looks like good stuff. I usually go to local salt shops where you can taste the salts before making a purchase.

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Good approach. This guy does have a good reputation. I guess part of his motivation was that his wife is allergic to nightshade family ingredients.

Wow, those all sound delicious!!!!
      Very Cool, Brother!

Comment

They had a ghost pepper salt but I went with the Trinidad Scorpion since it was hotter.

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
          Frozen Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          I have some Vulcan Fire Salt I got from the Spice House awhile ago. Way to hot for me. A friend of mine put a good amount on the tip of his finger and ate it. For a minute I thought I was going to have to take him to the hospital.

Sounds good to me ~ Ron

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here