Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome chicken wing rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome chicken wing rub

Click image for larger version

Name:	D75D75BD-09D9-4C37-95F5-B0F284BEB130.jpeg
Views:	188
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	564297 Good flavored spicy rub, only had it on wings, will be trying on pork soon

Looks interestin'.

Comment

That stuff is very spicy.

Comment

I'm gonna have to get me some of that. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

No problem, I think she got it at Walmart, smoke up some wings w that n top em off w Franks xtra hot sauce if you like really hot stuff

Comment

Did my second batch of wings over the weekend using this recipe: https://www.dontsweattherecipe.com/a...chicken-wings/ over mesquite - very happy with the results, especially since no one else in the house likes wings and they're all mine. I did dump the full blend of rub over about half the chicken the recipe calls for. I didn't bother crisping, and I haven't tried them with any sauce yet. They stand pretty well on their own.

Comment

• BMStroh
              BMStroh commented
              Editing a comment
              Weird, huh?

Although my son, who didn't want any, did seem to make a small pile vanish in his vicinity...

• cashelton
              cashelton commented
              Editing a comment
              The cajun wings on the site are delicious too!

• BMStroh
              BMStroh commented
              Editing a comment
              Gotta get an actual grill for that - only have a propane smoker at the moment. They do look great, though.

I used that on a chuck roast for some cajun beef and gravy over rice once. Very good stuff. Never used it as just a standard rub on anything yet.

Comment

• JoeSousa
              JoeSousa commented
              Editing a comment
              Mr. Bones - https://jesspryles.com/recipe/rice-and-gravy-poboy/ is the recipe I used. I left out the green and red peppers and probably used less onion. Super rich gravy with a great flavor and some nice kick.

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              JoeSousa
              Thanks, amigo! Ahm'a try that there...Loves me some Cajun, or Creole foods!
              Sounds delicious,
              an gravy is a major food group, where I hail from!

• Mudbeaver
              Mudbeaver commented
              Editing a comment
              Willing to bet my wife will use it in her jambalaya, I LOVE that stuff, I should move south.......

I always have two bottles on hand. I first bought it in New Orleans from a lady who swore that I had to have it for BBQ. They sell it at World Market. I use it on eggs as a substitute for salt and pepper. I have never used it exclusively as a rub but mix it in with rubs that call for Cajun seasoning. I don't find it to be really hot - it is a nice blend of flavors.

Comment

Yeah it pairs really well with hot sauce though, so the heat has flavor

Comment

I always have that on hand. I love that ?$&@!!!!! Also they their hot sauce. It's like a Cholula and the like. Delicious. It's basically red pepper and salt. I have used it for about 7 years.

Comment

• Mudbeaver
                  Mudbeaver commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice, I will be continuing to use it too

I have had a bottle of that for a while now. Never thought to use it with bbq. Now I’m interested!

Comment

I think there are two, there is the one in your picture that is a bit spicy, but also one in a red container that is hotter.

Comment

I'm still a Tony C's man myself, true southern tradition !!!!

Comment

I’ve never heard of or had tony c’s

Comment

• Troutman
                        Troutman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh you poor guy, I use the stuff when cooking in lieu of salt and pepper. It's excellent.

• Mudbeaver
                        Mudbeaver commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Troutman ON IT!

• BMStroh
                        BMStroh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You can get a two pack of the large size at CostCo. My in-laws are in Lake Charles, and to quote my wife when seasoning meat, "If it ain't red, it ain't right" so we tend to use a bit.

So it's from LA. MarNey! lousianna get's it just biggins... kind'a like lower alabamie.

Haven't tried it but will now look for it - thanks for sharing. Maybe I can fit ONE MORE spice bottle in the house without explodin' - maybe not...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here