Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dots Pretzel Rub!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dots Pretzel Rub!

I didn't need anymore rub as I have a pretty large order being delivered Thursday from Oak Ridge BBQ. But I was in the local Fleet Farm store today and this just caught my eye. The mcs was irresistible so it followed me home. I love the Dots Pretzels and when I seen this rub it had me at Dots! Not sure what I'm going to use it on but it will get used.
    Dots Pretzels are made in North Dakota and are fantastic. This stuff is probably the crumbs they sweep off the floor at night but that's fine with me if it comes from those pretzels!!

I'm thinking maybe on top of mac and cheese??

Click image for larger version

Name:	dots pretzel.jpg
Views:	1855
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	537558

Yup, sounds like a fantastic casserole topper!

Comment

Someone gave me this a while back, I have yet to try it yet. Let me know what you think.

Comment

I'm making mac and cheese for about 30 next weekend so it might go on top of one pan and one pan without. Fish might be another good application.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
          HorseDoctor commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, I can see that as a base for a great fish breading mix! 😋

Some of the online reviews say the Dots Pretzel Rub is pretty salty so be aware...

Comment

Wild Turkey. (oh wait, that's what I'm drinking...)

Comment

What if you used it for the crust on a smoked pecan pie. The sweet from the pie would compliment the salty from the pretzels....

Comment

Might go good on top of some kind of potato dish too.

Comment

Originally posted by jgreen View Post
                Might go good on top of some kind of potato dish too.
                Seems kind of fine ground so I don't know if it will work as a mac and cheese topping but a tater dredge before deep frying might be good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here